OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: xiaomi router is released today!

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

bcm4709 arm dual core 1GHz
256MB ddr3
1TB 2.5 sata HDD
1 WAN 2 LAN, all gigE.
1 USB2.0 port.
11n 300M bcm43217
11ac 866M bcm4352
Can openwrt support it ?

Where to get it?

mazilo wrote:

Where to get it?

xiaomi.com

echo wrote:

256MB ddr3
1TB 2.5 sata HDD
1 WAN 2 LAN, all gigE.
1 USB2.0 port.
11n 300M bcm43217
11ac 866M bcm4352
Can openwrt support it ?

Never mind, It is officially openwrt based/coppied system, there is no need for Openwrt to support it

but the rom is deep customized.

zhouxiaodi wrote:
echo wrote:

256MB ddr3
1TB 2.5 sata HDD
1 WAN 2 LAN, all gigE.
1 USB2.0 port.
11n 300M bcm43217
11ac 866M bcm4352
Can openwrt support it ?

Never mind, It is officially openwrt based/coppied system, there is no need for Openwrt to support it

Any links to source code?
Only mentioned about being based on it, where is the link to their modified source?

alphasparc wrote:
zhouxiaodi wrote:
echo wrote:

256MB ddr3
1TB 2.5 sata HDD
1 WAN 2 LAN, all gigE.
1 USB2.0 port.
11n 300M bcm43217
11ac 866M bcm4352
Can openwrt support it ?

Only mentioned about being based on it, where is the link to their modified source?

they didn't post modified source code on their web site.

xanadunwh wrote:
alphasparc wrote:
zhouxiaodi wrote:

they didn't post modified source code on their web site.

go to this link, if you can understand Chinese.
Xiaomi router ROM
http://www.miwifi.com/miwifi_download.html

Just got one this afternoon. I checked their BBS. Many users complain that they put the Router firmware on the Hard disk. That cause the problem for the hard disc. And also complain they didn't focus on the basic function of the Router. even you can't do the port forwarding at this router. I m not a IT geek, but those comments make me regret to buy it.

hello there, I also own this router and would like to either take the hardrive out or restore the firmware on the hardrive.

I have tried taking the hardrive out, but the thing won't boot without a hardrive. Now that I have taken the hardrive out, plugged it into my laptop and since put it back in the router, it won't boot! I think I may have corrupted the hardrive partitions somehow and I want to restore it to default. Do you know if it is possible to simply download the firmware from the link you have suggested and write it to the hardrive? if not, is there another way to reset the hardrive and router to default, I tried the button on the router didn't work sad.

1624347272 wrote:

hello there, I also own this router and would like to either take the hardrive out or restore the firmware on the hardrive.

I have tried taking the hardrive out, but the thing won't boot without a hardrive. Now that I have taken the hardrive out, plugged it into my laptop and since put it back in the router, it won't boot! I think I may have corrupted the hardrive partitions somehow and I want to restore it to default. Do you know if it is possible to simply download the firmware from the link you have suggested and write it to the hardrive? if not, is there another way to reset the hardrive and router to default, I tried the button on the router didn't work sad.

1.download rom use the link blow:
http://bigota.miwifi.com/xiaoqiang/download/r1d.bin  (stable version ,updated monthly)
http://bigota.miwifi.com/xiaoqiang/down … d_beta.bin  (dev version, updated weekly)

2.plug a hardrive into router.

3.copy the rom file to a flash disk(FAT32) root folder.

4.plug on the flashdisk to router whith have the bin file in root folder.

5.Plug the power on while keeping the reset button pushed for few seconds.

6.When you see a slowly blinking power light, you are in restore mode.

7.wait for a few minutes.

*hardrive MBR will be erased.

(Last edited by xanadunwh on 11 Jun 2014, 03:18)

thanks xanadunwh! you're a lifesaver!

I followed your steps and have now restored my router with the original hardrive. I might try in a few days to swap the hardrive out with a lower capacity one or I might look into a sata/usb converter and see if I can put a usb flash in the sata slot!

Success! I switched out the 1TB hardrive with a CFcard + CFcard2Sata combination and the router can't tell ! I'll let you folks know as to whether the router remains stable over the period of a week.

Good afternoon. possible to collect pure assembly openwrt trunk for this router? ask for help in this matter.

does this router really doesn't have port forwarding?! anyone could take screenshot of the gui?

It mentions to support USB port. However, I failed to see any mention of USB3 port.

The discussion might have continued from here.