OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: UPnP problems

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi!
I'm having some trouble with UPnP redirects. I'm using a Synology NAS which configures OpenWRT UPnP redirects with no problems. I can access the NAS with no problems from outside my LAN by using a DDNS service. However I am unable to access the NAS from LAN by using the DDNS provided address (or external IP address). If I manually add the port forwarding rule to iptables, the NAS is accessible from both LAN and WAN, and if I let miniupnpd configure the port forwards I can access it from internet but can't access it from LAN (by using ddns address or external IP).
Does anyone have any ideeas?!

The upnp script on openwrt doesn't apply the nat reflection rules. (this means you can't use the external ip from inside the network to reach that device).

The easiest solution is to give the nas a static lease in openwrt, or set a static ip on the nas and portforward to the nas manually. Use the webgui to portforward (luci) or via uci. But don't use iptables directly.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/port.forwarding (uci config).

(Last edited by FriedZombie on 14 Dec 2013, 17:57)

Yeah! Thanks! I was hoping to avoid adding port forwards manually (there are a lot of them). So there's no way to use miniupnpd with nat loopback?

No not easily, of course you could write/code the functionality into miniupnpd but it is easier/faster to just add the port forwards manually

Ok. Thanks!

The discussion might have continued from here.