OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: a special 703n clone: GL-iNet (more storage and internal serial pins)

The content of this topic has been archived between 20 Jun 2017 and 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

It is better to solder the antenna directly to the PCB, as mounting a standard IPX connector is difficult for this PCB.

Squonk wrote:

Please check this IPX/UFL antenna mod for the first (not individually calibrated) version:
http://shiki.tk/?p=2940

If you want to put an IPX/UFL connector on the newer version, you will have to replace the existing calibration RF switch and may have to cut the PCB antenna feed trace where it is marked "R76".

Hotplug wiki is rather old. You may refer to the original GL-iNet router firmware, which is well configured.
the button hotplug now use /etc/hotplug.json to set the rules. The script for the button is ins /etc/rc.button/reset, you need to modify the content of this file!

ichoderich wrote:

@gon42: Please read Squonk's announcement about the new hareware revision:

Important:: the RF connector on the PCB is not an U-FL connector for connecting an SMA pigtail antenna, but it is a misleading similar-looking RF switch used during factory RF calibration.

I guess the connector you found on your deveice is the aforementioned RF switch?

I have an own question too: I recently got a GL-iNet to replace my MR3020, as it has more RAM + bigger internal storage. Everything works as expected (using trunk from 10/08 on the device), but I run into one problem: I want to reuse the reset button and can't get it to work. I followed the wiki-article about hardware-buttons, but openwrt keeps rebooting, once the reset buttons is pressed. I noticed that the /etc/hotplug2.rules file doesn't exist, but creating it doesn't change the behaviour.
This is what logread -f puts out, when the reset button is pressed:

un Oct 12 15:24:16 2014 user.notice root: reset
Sun Oct 12 15:24:16 2014 user.notice root: pressed
Sun Oct 12 15:24:17 2014 user.notice root: reset pressed for 0 seconds
Sun Oct 12 15:24:17 2014 user.emerg syslog: - shutdown -
Sun Oct 12 15:24:17 2014 user.notice root: reset
Sun Oct 12 15:24:17 2014 user.notice root: released
Sun Oct 12 15:24:17 2014 authpriv.info dropbear[944]: Early exit: Terminated by signal

So can you please help me?

i do run a couple of those in a batman-mesh OWRT CC trunk doing fine overall performance.

Does anybody managed POE / antenna mod on this device ? (http://shiki.tk/ is offline)

Thanks in advance

3zl

I noticed that the version sold on DealXtreme is 6416A and the version on Amazon is 6416B.  Is the 6416B version the one with the new tuned ART?

The discussion might have continued from here.