OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: support for tl-wa850re and tl-wa750re

The content of this topic has been archived between 24 Mar 2018 and 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

nebbia88 wrote:

try
telnet 192.168.1.1

thank you for fast reply

i have tried

telnet 192.168.1.1 no response
telnet:192.168.1.1 popup window appears and asking to choose software to open

@FriedZombie, I installed WA850RE image from here: http://ooxion.com/openwrt/wax50re/index.html that include Luci.
I telnet changed the password, ssh and everything looks fine.

However, I cannot connect using Luci. I read in previous post I have to

transfer it to the /tmp folder using an scp client and update with sysupgrade command.

but I am not sure if I understood what e from where I have to transfer to /tmp.

Could you help me?
thanks

PS - My wireless LED still off, no wireless available. I can connect just using hardwire.

(Last edited by frafael on 6 Mar 2014, 21:41)

frafael wrote:

@FriedZombie, I installed WA850RE image from here: http://ooxion.com/openwrt/wax50re/index.html that include Luci.
I telnet changed the password, ssh and everything looks fine.

However, I cannot connect using Luci. I read in previous post I have to

transfer it to the /tmp folder using an scp client and update with sysupgrade command.

but I am not sure if I understood what e from where I have to transfer to /tmp.

Could you help me?
thanks

PS - My wireless LED still off, no wireless available. I can connect just using hardwire.

I got everything working last night. Thanks, GREAT WORK!!!!! Congrats @FriedZombie

I re-read the OP first post and misunderstood the first time about two available images.

ok..total newbie here..especially coming to openwrt.  Right now I have the 750re setup as a wireless bridge via relayd.  However, it doesn't seems to handle DLNA traffic (udp?!?!).  Anyway, will attempt to reconfigure it via WDS.  If that fails, I am looking for a way to go back to stock.  I've flashed the bleeding edge bin so I no longer have the Luci access.  I done some researches and I think below are the steps I need to go back to stock.

1.  Put the firmware from https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 59#p220559 on the /tmp folder
2.  sysupgrade -v /tmp/<filename>.bin
3.  put the stock tp-link firmware in temp
4.  sysupgrade -v /tmp/stockfirmware.bin

??

Hi,

first of all thanks for this firmware. It works really good and better than the stock one.

I have two questions for you FriedZombie:

1. Can you please build the firmware again with the latest commits or give as a git repo where you have your environment so we can build it by ourself using exactly your configuration?
2. I see that the repeater is going at last at 150Mbps of 300 available and I'm using 40HT+ as sta+ap configuration actually. Am I missing something that I cannot push it to work at 300Mbps?

Greets,
Julian

(Last edited by JulianXhokaxhiu on 19 Mar 2014, 10:50)

Ok, I am in need of some help. I have successfully flashed my wa750re in the past and went back to factory. I decided last night that I wanted to give it a go again. I updated through the OEM firmware upgrade option and it rebooted. Now I get the the RE, Power and Ethernet lights only. I can ping it and I can access it through failsafe mode, but no wireless signal. I have been trying to figure out how to flash it again. I read about the sysupgrade command, but I am lost on how to get the firmware into the tmp directory to do the sysupgrade. If I use the wget command it tells me download.openwrt.org (or whatever the name is) is no good. Any instructions or point me to a "guide for dummies" would be very helpful. Thank you for your time.

Ok nebbia88 that got the wifi on but there is no GUI like I had a couple months ago when I first tried openwrt. The posts in here indicated that there should be one. I thank you for your help but I guess I am still lost.

root@OpenWrt:/tmp# mv stripped_wa850RE_V1_130922.bin tplink.bin
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# lls
-ash: lls: not found
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# ls
TZ                hosts             resolv.conf       sysinfo
dhcp.leases       lock              resolv.conf.auto  tplink.bin
dnsmasq.d         log               run               wpa_ctrl_993-1
etc               overlay           state
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# mtd -r write /tmp/tplink.bin firmware
Unlocking firmware ...

Writing from /tmp/tplink.bin to firmware ...
Rebooting ...

Power led is on and router is down any idea ?

Someone ?

Hello,

I'd like to set up a wireless repeating bridge on the TL-WA850RE, but according to leonos, that won't work with FriedZombie's firmware.

leonos wrote:

This openwrt firmware does NOT support wireless repeating for the 850.
So if you want to extend your wireless signal, you better not put openwrt on your device.
This firmware can only handle one wireless connection (if you set two, only one will work).

It looks like FriedZombie posted a Gargoyle version a bit later (http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5317#p22353 )

Can anyone corroborate Leonos' comment, or does anyone know if the Gargoyle version changes things?

I'd like to setup: Wireless Router 1 (another brand) to Wireless Router 2 (850RE) to wireless client on same subnet as wireless clients on Wireless Router 1.

Thanks!

Hi, any chance this firmware is working in tl-wa854 re, i think it is the same as wa850 but it doesnt has the lan port, so maybe it is very susceptible to bricking.  Maybe i can just flash it with the image of the 850.

Here is the official firmware: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/downl … version=V1

Any thougts?, thanks

zigzig wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to set up a wireless repeating bridge on the TL-WA850RE, but according to leonos, that won't work with FriedZombie's firmware.

leonos wrote:

This openwrt firmware does NOT support wireless repeating for the 850.
So if you want to extend your wireless signal, you better not put openwrt on your device.
This firmware can only handle one wireless connection (if you set two, only one will work).

It looks like FriedZombie posted a Gargoyle version a bit later (http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5317#p22353 )

Can anyone corroborate Leonos' comment, or does anyone know if the Gargoyle version changes things?

I'd like to setup: Wireless Router 1 (another brand) to Wireless Router 2 (850RE) to wireless client on same subnet as wireless clients on Wireless Router 1.

Thanks!

I loaded Gargoyle on my 850RE and it still does not appear to function as a repeater.

then you misconfigured it... and you should ask on their forum wink

Hi guys, noobie here.

I need your help. I'm very new to this whole thing. Today I flashed the gargoyle firmware to my tp-link wa750re. Everything went fine, the flash was successful. With an ethernet cable I was able to access the web UI (on 192.168.1.1), and I configured to use it as a wifi extender. Everything seemed fine again. it said it needs to reboot. So it did. Since than I cannot access the web UI, and cannot connect to the wifi it generates either. (I know the pass for sure). I tried to reset it with the reset button, but had no luck with it. My question is: how could I change everything to the defaults so I can access the webUI?

Thanks in advance

(Last edited by soadzoor on 6 Jul 2014, 00:11)

thanks! had to google a lil bit (I didn't even know what telnet is, and how to use it), but I got it working. Thanks again, and forget my ignorance smile

I have one more question. Finally I managed to set up my tplink to work as a wifi repeater (via client bridge). Somewhere I read that I could get higher speeds via wds, so I tried that one as well, but unfortunately it didn't seem to work, what should I set differently?  thanks

I installed OpenWrt from http://ooxion.com/openwrt/wax50re/ on my TP tl-wa850re. Everything worked, my only problem is I can't get Wlan 802.11n to work, only options to select are b/g ? Am I missing something ?

I flashed the Gargoyle version, it supports 802.11n. OpenWrt states that the Wlan Interface has 802.11bgn support but doesn't offer to choose 802.11n from the settings - it might just be an error in Luci settings ?

Hello to every one.  I have a small problem.
I just install openWRT to the WA850RE and everything worked fine.  For experimental reason i tried to return to stock by flashing the firmware that i found in this thread.  Now i can not connect to the device, neither from lan neither from Wifi.  I can see the name appearing on my computer (TP-LINK_Extender_ ACB66C) i can connect (getting ip address from the router) but neither tplinkextender.net is working neither the default gateway that i am getting from

ipconfig

is showing something in the browser.  Just say that can not connect to host.
How can i connect again to the device or i bricked it completely?
Thanks a lot for any answer that you may give me.

Hello,
I am new in this forum, yesterday I installed luci in openwrt tp850re, searched this forum and other sites how to repeat wifi to wifi, and could not find any tutorial that explains step by step how to set up wifi again. Hopefully someone explain to me the best way to do.
Sorry for my English.
best regards

Hello,

I want to use 750 or 850 to expand my wpa2 enterprise wifi newtork.
Is it possible to use 750/850 to join an wpa2 enterprise wifi ?

Also, it is possible to use onboard lan port to provide internet access to devices via this method ?

Thanks

hi all,

i have tp link 901 v3, i installed luci on it and it was working fine but before yesterday accidently i delete the lan interface after that i am unable to access the router. power, system and wifi lights continuosly on. reset button never work. please advise what to do. i read the some threat about uboot but i didn't understand please can any body provide video toturial or something that help me to get out of it.