OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Dlink dir-810l supported?

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi All,

Is it dir-810L supported? It's based on MT7620A SOC. I have built the firmware openwrt-ramips-mt7620a-dir-810l-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin from Trunk, but found that wifi is NOT working... Any help? Any information. Thanks!!

Any news?

heha wrote:

Is it dir-810L supported? It's based on MT7620A SOC. I have built the firmware openwrt-ramips-mt7620a-dir-810l-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin from Trunk, but found that wifi is NOT working... Any help? Any information. Thanks!!

When dealing with a development trunk, I always assume a binary firmware built for any supported platforms on the development trunk isn't guaranteed to run properly on the supported platform.

OTOH and if you do wanna get some helps from readers here, at least you should be prepared to hack your device to analyze and/or post any information it spits out through its serial/console port and/or log file for readers here to peruse.

Hi,

I got one of these D-Link DIR-810L for the sole purpose of running OpenWrt on it. As heha said, the wireless cards are not working. There is ticket #17365, I opened it to report it to the developers, including some more info.

If there is something else I can do, like testing patches or whatever, I'm willing to do it.

Cheers,

Roger

Can any one provide factory image for this router, because in downlaod sections, there is only sysupgrade image.

I have Dir-810L rev A1

(Last edited by KoCMoHaBTa on 2 Feb 2015, 09:14)

I too have a D-link DIR-810L v. A1. I installed the openwrt-ramips-mt7620a-dir-810l-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin using mtd in dd-wrt. It looks like there's no info regarding wifi after install. 'wifi detect' says nothing. The webinterface doesn't mention wifi either.

I commented the ticket #17365 as well.

The discussion might have continued from here.