OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Which ath5k I am using?

The content of this topic has been archived on 7 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I recently patch the mac80211 and iw to support higher frequencies and beacon set to zero so I basically modified some c files in the ath5k for the changes in frequency and channel and the ibss.c for the beacon thing everything went fine but My Question is

Which ath5k gets built and added as a kernel module I ran into this question when I was double checking the files I modified for example lets say in the ath5k directory the phy.c file to see if my changes succeeded I did a search for that file and it happened to be more than one ath5k folder so I went into the different folder and the only different was that one of them seemed like it was compiled because there was all the .ko files and this one is the one that have the changes made the other ath5k folder do not have .ko files and have not changes done so the question is the one that have the .ko files is the one that have been compiled and loaded to the kernel ?

Thanks in advanced

I have seen many people that have looked into the post but none have leave an answer. Please I apologize if it is a dumb question and I know the.ko file is the one you do for example insmod filename.ko to load the kernel module dynamically but I just wanted to be sure

Thanks anyway

The discussion might have continued from here.