OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Zyxel P-2812HNU-F3-telenor debrand ?

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Mar 2018 and 4 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hi all,

I have P-2812HNU-F3, is there any way to enable/fix nat loopback?

I setup my port like this:

name WAN Interface Port
ssh    VdslWAN1    22    22    22    22    192.168.1.54    TCP

I don't know if it is the right way to enable nat loopback. It is working, but it started to stop working after a day. Then I reboot and it start working again.

nat loopback = use public hostname locally, behind the router

Pentru cornelus2009 poti sa ma ajuti sa fac un router Zyxel P-2812HNU-F3-telenor sa mearga si la noi la Telekom sau RDS

cornelus2009 lasa un nr de contact sau trimitemi pe mail un numar sa vorbim la tel.    cianyika at yahoo.com

Hello,
I managed to brick my P-2812HNU-F3 Telenor upgrading the firmware due to a funny power shortage...
Now it is stuck at self-testing and would only assign "unknown" DHCP settings before restarting in an infinite loop.
Anyone succeeded in flashing firmware through other means? Does not have to be original, I can live with Telenor as long as I get the modem working.
If it is not possible or very hard I can just throw it, I see you guys have had a large discussion about it.

It might be that I have to desolder the NAND and program externally, but I have absolutely no experience (where do I get NAND programmers? Do the xbox360 ones work?) and cannot pay over 30 euros for equipment :S (I am poor and other cheap router works just as good)

(Last edited by Erno on 14 Dec 2014, 20:34)

Erno wrote:

Hello,
I managed to brick my P-2812HNU-F3 Telenor upgrading the firmware due to a funny power shortage...
Now it is stuck at self-testing and would only assign "unknown" DHCP settings before restarting in an infinite loop.
Anyone succeeded in flashing firmware through other means? Does not have to be original, I can live with Telenor as long as I get the modem working.

'a funny power shortage.' sounds no good at all ...
If you have (or purchase) a TTL serial device -RS232, 3,3V- and now a little about serial flashing a device you can join tongue
Then you are able to 're-flash' your device with fabric firmware, otherwise you loose the box at all.

But first we would need a serial log of the boot process, otherwise we can't help, i guess.

I managed to flash 1 working box with all kind of different fabric firmware levels.

Cum instalez noul firmware la router ca nu stiu

DGDodo wrote:

Hello,
'a funny power shortage.' sounds no good at all ...

Yes, we could say it wasn't funny for me as this is my only 1 Gbit/s LAN router which is now scrap... Such a shame...

DGDodo wrote:

If you have (or purchase) a TTL serial device -RS232, 3,3V- and now a little about serial flashing a device you can join tongue
Then you are able to 're-flash' your device with fabric firmware, otherwise you loose the box at all.

This is exactly what I was thinking of, I have always been living the easy life with the Asus having built-in recovery which would assign DHCP connected to LAN so you could upload whatever firmware you wanted - perfect for anybody.

If it works I can buy one, I have absolutely no experience but since I got some hours to spend right now in the "calm" period of year I can read up on the matter - links would be appreciated - sounds like it would be interesting and usegul to know, I have one of those old Linksys routers as a playground too (not bricked + dd-wrt).

Where do you go to buy them? any eBay or AliExpress links would be appreciated and/or other retailers which are safer with proper equipment that doesn't "blow up" (dodgy electronics without any CE/ROHS compliant certificates aren't the things I feel safe using) and ship to EU.

oxo wrote:
Erno wrote:

Hello,
Anyone succeeded in flashing firmware through other means?)

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/zyxel/p2812hnu-f3
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/zyxel/p2812 … ory_u-boot

This has really been researched properly, hats off. Should have searched before posting, sorry.
I respect you due to all the discussion you have had about this router throughout the thread. So, if you do not want to reply due to being a "noob", or the inexperience I have when I ask the next question, that is okay.

But, if I am not mistaken, I can set the CPU to change its mode by shortening the resistors - seeing the output change and then removing it since the mode has changed. I did no take he basic embedded system classes before, I regret that now.

After that I can upload the new U-boot, except what will I do here when we are talking about the Telenor branded version?  bootloader-wise. The only thing I have in terms of firmware is the BLN17.bin - as for grabbing the exact trunk r43224 from Cahos Calmer and compile, I will look into that if it is possible to upload the Telenor firmware back again due to me being unable to mutually understand firmware-bootloader at the router level compared to grub/Unix-like on the PC.

Erno wrote:

So, if you do not want to reply due to being a "noob", or the inexperience I have when I ask the next question, that is okay..

Next step, get a cable, then ask a simple question. Factors could include informing if y use Windows or Linux when y ask the question.
By that time, the Wiki entrie(s) should be better I hope.

I know nothing about anything: and I am really good at it.

oxo wrote:

Next step, get a cable, then ask a simple question. Factors could include informing if y use Windows or Linux when y ask the question.
By that time, the Wiki entrie(s) should be better I hope.

I know nothing about anything: and I am really good at it.

Yes, okay.
I am just unsure which kit (USB>converter/adapter + cables) to get since there are lots of vendors and the quality probably varies.
Would you be kind and please link me up to a supplier you have used/a good one?
About the whole serial port/TTL, I have to get my old XP up and running or would a simple USB to RS232 suffice?
Thank you for the information.

As for Windows/Linux: I have both, even an old MacBook saved after a family member wanted to throw it.

(Last edited by Erno on 16 Dec 2014, 11:49)

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/hardware/port.serial

It isn't that we don't want to help you, it's about writhing thing that has been already written. Read Wiki, it has many answers and links that will help you.

(Last edited by scapi on 16 Dec 2014, 23:52)

Hello people.
First of all, I want to say thank you, for doing this job.
Second, I want to ask some help.
So, I have this router  Zyxel P-2812HNU-F3, branded to Telenor.
I want to use it with 3g USB modem huawei e173, not in Telenor.
I have downloaded "F3 OpenWRT.zip" from dropbox.
I have followed instructions in "recovery.txt" and "openwrt.txt". And now I have OpenWrt on my router.
When I try to set 3g connection it says "cannot open /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/admin_network/proto_3g.lua: No such file or directory".
So I understand that I need to do some more hacks to make it work, as I need.
Will it be easier if I just put non branded firmware from Zyxel website?

This is the first time I'm messing with router hacks. I just want to use this router with 3g modem.
I don't really understand benefits of using OpenWrt or standard firmware.

Can someone please give me step by step instructions how I can put Zyxel non branded firmware from their website.
Or instructions how to use USB modem with OpenWrt.
Best Regards

opkg install luci-proto-3g usb-modeswitch

and from my packages folder kmod-usb-serial; kmod-usb-serial-option; kmod-usb-serial-wwan (copy them to tmp folder in router via SCP, SSH to router and opkg install /tmp/filename.ipk)

(Last edited by scapi on 23 Dec 2014, 19:32)

Those 3 files, from your dropbox give me error. sad

root@OpenWrt:/# opkg install /tmp/luci-proto-3g_0.12+svn-r10530-1_lantiq.ipk
Installing luci-proto-3g (0.12+svn-r10530-1) to root...
Configuring luci-proto-3g.
root@OpenWrt:/# opkg install /tmp/usb-modeswitch_2014-07-18-01ecc3b9764d1dd89cf3
6ede0a2d98f9adb0cd33_lantiq.ipk
Installing usb-modeswitch (2014-07-18-01ecc3b9764d1dd89cf36ede0a2d98f9adb0cd33)
to root...
Configuring usb-modeswitch.
root@OpenWrt:/# opkg install /tmp/kmod-usb-serial_3.10.49-1_lantiq.ipk
Installing kmod-usb-serial (3.10.49-1) to root...
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-
usb-serial:
*      kernel (= 3.10.49-1-f9708850def86ca37fa33a5e9a7811db) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-serial.
root@OpenWrt:/# opkg install /tmp/kmod-usb-serial-option_3.10.49-1_lantiq.ipk
Installing kmod-usb-serial-option (3.10.49-1) to root...
Collected errors:
usb-serial-option:
*      kernel (= 3.10.49-1-f9708850def86ca37fa33a5e9a7811db) *         kmod-usb
-serial-wwan *  kmod-usb-serial *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-serial-option.
root@OpenWrt:/# opkg install /tmp/kmod-usb-serial-wwan_3.10.49-1_lantiq.ipk
Installing kmod-usb-serial-wwan (3.10.49-1) to root...
Collected errors:
usb-serial-wwan:
*      kernel (= 3.10.49-1-f9708850def86ca37fa33a5e9a7811db) *         kmod-usb
-serial *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-serial-wwan.

Maybe I downloaded some wrong files?
I'm really not so good at this. Maybe better option for me is to use standard firmware?

F3 never was unbranded so no one knows how to debrand it, wait a bit, today I'll upload new image for F3 with repo, keep track on P-2812HNU-FX: getting OpenWrt installed topic.

Hi guys I have a sagem phone cable from the picture and I want to know if it is compatible for JTAG but I do not have drivers for it .If anyone has drivers and you can put them to use genuine  to resoft a router P- 2812 F3 for use genuine connection to PPPOE.Am entered the router admin user that lm reset, I put the PPPoE settings but does not connect to your ISP.

Thank You

http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/201 … 133230.jpg
http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/201 … 133259.jpg

(Last edited by adrianiordan3 on 26 Dec 2014, 16:05)

Hi,

There is possible to upload again the firmware for F3 version to make it work on Rds network Romania?
I tried to download the dropbox file but is not anymore available.

Many thanks and I highly appreciate your work here!

(Last edited by octav17 on 12 Jan 2015, 23:30)

salut cornelus2009
ai reusit sa rezolvi ceva cu routerul asta ? am luat unul acelasi model cu soft de telenor si nu reusesc sa fac nimic cu el
deoarece imi apare programul de instalare de la telenor
Te as ruga sa mi raspunzi , macar sa stiu daca pot face ceva cu el sau sa l arunc.
oricum nu prea inteleg mare lucru de pe forum
Multumesc anticipat !

Ai instalat softul de mai sus?
Vezi pe pagina de instalare ca ai un link in textul de jos de pe pagina, apesi pe el, va aparea ceva cu sickoff si apoi te poti loga pe el.

Pentru Cornelus ,am schimbat softul la router cu cel pus de tine mai sus dar nu se conecteaza la RDS pe pppoe ,pot sa bag user si parola dar nu se conecteaza ,in rest pot sa resetez parola de la router,sa schimb ip ruterului sau clasa de ip.

adrianiordan3 wrote:

Pentru Cornelus ,am schimbat softul la router cu cel pus de tine mai sus dar nu se conecteaza la RDS pe pppoe ,pot sa bag user si parola dar nu se conecteaza ,in rest pot sa resetez parola de la router,sa schimb ip ruterului sau clasa de ip.

nu stiu ce problema ar fi, incearca acolo la conexiune sa alegi doar ipv4, parca cu ambele facea figuri.
nu mai am acest router sa fac teste, asa ca nu prea pot fi de ajutor.

adrianiordan3 wrote:

Trebuie bifat  Active si sa fie IPV4 Only in rest nu modifici nimic . Daca nu merge  ii faci un reset cu butonul din spate.