OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Help Needed with Hitron BVW-3653

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I'am trying to port Hitron BVW-3653, my hitron is locked by my ISP so i tried the serial method, after "guessing" several settings  i use a ttl to rs232 converter to access the serial console.

hitron

by the way setting of pins are (couldn't found them anyware) :

VCC (NOT USED IN ABOVE PIC) | GROUND | TX | RX

I become stuck with this on terminal :

console

"ÿÿÿÿ¿ÿ¿ÿ¿ïÿ¿¿ÿ¯¿+¿¯¿:3{'*'&gfe&c&C& &"""     $44Uncompressing Linux............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. done, booting the kernel."

There are some chars that appear before linux kernel uncompressing... but i din't manage to understand what setting i 'am doing wrong.

My terminal is at 115200 8N1.

Maybe somebody had identical problem ?

Thanks.

(Last edited by bvieira on 29 Sep 2013, 22:00)

try other baud, common are 9600, 38400, 57600

Hello,

I have tried all possible settings on serial port, speed from 9600 to 128000 and all types of flow control with no sucess.

As you can see first chars that appear on the terminal seem wrong, after that (15 seconds later) the linux kernel appears to be uncompressing, when it boots the serial port dies (i suspect the serial port may be locked by kernel args or even not compiled in kernel).

Thing is where is the booloader menu !? maybe i'am having problems with my ttl to rs232 converter ?

Thanks.

(Last edited by bvieira on 29 Sep 2013, 22:08)

I have enabled serial bootlog accessing the cablemodem through telnet and issuing this command:

wifimedia-R> misc serial unmute reboot

Once set the above command powercycle the Hitron.
wifimedia-R> is the command prompt.
Maybe the command changes depending on the firmware; if this is the case try "help all" to see the available options.

Are you trying to port TI/Intel Puma 5 to openwrt?

The discussion might have continued from here.