OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WR1043ND from DD-WRT to OpenWRT

The content of this topic has been archived on 10 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all for the help by the way in advance!

Let me start with the beginning. I bought a 1043ND and the factory firmware was shit i had lack with the WIFI and once a while ( 3 times a hour) it would completly go out. So i read a lot of forums and decided to install DD-WRT.

- Installed the most stable version of DD-WRT. First downgrade to German version TP Link firmware from there installed the stable version of DD-WRT something with WIFI issue so i needed first to downgrade.

Why go to OpenWRT?
Speeds after playing a while within the options. 5 - 15 mbit/s where my TP link had 30 mb/s stable and the wifi restarts once a while and it is not that stable a lot of lag and losing connection ( although i have connection)

My Problem:

I have installed DD-WRT how do i install OpenWrt and wich is the most stable version?
- Could you please send me the files i need or the download links from:
- DD-WRT to stock
- Instruction after resetting to stock wich version i need

Guys hope this will work out otherwise i will have to buy a new router because i dont see another option available left..
TP LINK: Wifi speed good, 3 times a hour losing connection
DD-WRT: Enourmous WIFI drops, maximum speed 15mbit/s but mostly of tim 5-6

Ik hope u can help guys i appreciate!

aidahmic wrote:

Guys hope this will work out otherwise i will have to buy a new router because i dont see another option available left..
TP LINK: Wifi speed good, 3 times a hour losing connection
DD-WRT: Enourmous WIFI drops, maximum speed 15mbit/s but mostly of tim 5-6

Ik hope u can help guys i appreciate!

Hello, I have TP-Link WR1043ND and currently getting 70MB/s on 1GB network card over ethernet. Over WIFI i get around 30MB/s and i haven't experienced wifi cuts. (Yet atleast.)

What hardwere version it is?

Im currently running dd wrt sp2. My hardware version of the router is 1.9...

The discussion might have continued from here.