OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Installed Attitude Adjustment on WRT150N; Can I flash with kamikaze?

The content of this topic has been archived on 16 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Good morning everyone!

I didn't see the notice on the Table of Hardware that devices that are 16MB or smaller shouldn't flash with Attitude Adjustment.  Well, I did and the router boots but overheats and then freezes.  I get about 60 seconds of use so I have the chance to do some operations on it.  My thinking is if I can get the available memory low enough to upload Kamikaze, I should be set.

That being said, what modules can I unload to free up space without bricking the router?

Or is there a better way to load Kamikaze under my current situation?

Thanks!

Well if your router overheats and freezes I think it is a different problem, and kamikaze will not solve that.
On top of that, kamikaze is rather ancient at this point as well

Perhaps overheating is a bit of a stretch. The router just seems to choke within 2 minutes of boot up.  My guess is that the RAM is getting overrun.

But back to the original question: what modules can I safely delete that won't brick the router?

scuba_mike wrote:

Perhaps overheating is a bit of a stretch. The router just seems to choke within 2 minutes of boot up.  My guess is that the RAM is getting overrun.

I also have a WRT150N 1.1 - the problem is indeed that it is running out of ram.

I am currently running 10.03.1, but for some reason the WPA(2) is not working.
I also tried kamikaze for a short while and it was running fine-ish (my android phone kept disconnecting but I'm not sure if it was a problem with the router or what).
For the flashing I would suggest doing it under failsafe ( http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/generic.failsafe ) - running out of ram in the middle of the upgrade would not be very pleasant.

scuba_mike wrote:

But back to the original question: what modules can I safely delete that won't brick the router?

I deleted the luci and the device was usable.

The discussion might have continued from here.