OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Two WR1043ND wireless roaming setup

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Dear All,

I have two WR1043ND router with OpenWrt 12.09 (r36088). I would like to set up this two router for wireless roaming or something.(same SSID, same subnet etc.)
My home have 2 floors. In the first floor located the main (routerA) router what is connected to the internet. In the second floor located the another router (routerB).
I can't place the utp cable between the two routers, so I set up a Client and Master(AP) mode in the routerB.
I would like to use the same ipv4 subnet (192.168.10.1/24), becase I have a Samba server on the routerA, and need to access from any PCs.
Plus I have ipv6 setup/subnet on routerA, what I would like to use on routerB and of course need to distribute to the PCs. The Samba, ipv6 and everything is okay on routerA!

My setup:

Internet
      -------------------         -------------                                                  -------------
      |Cable Modem|-------| router A |                                                 | router B |
      -------------------         -------------                                                  -------------
                                      UTP connection to the Cable Modem          Wireless connection to the routerA
                                      AP SSID: My Home SSID                              AP SSID: My Home SSID
                                      LAN IPv4: 192.168.10.1/24                         LAN IPv4: 192.168.20.1/24
                                     WAN IPv4: 46.xxx.xxx.xxx/24                       WAN IPv4: none // WWAN IPv4: 192.168.10.2/24
                                     WAN IPv6: 2001:470:x:x:x:x:x:1/64             WAN IPv6: none // WWAN IPv6: 2001:470:x:x:x:x:x:2/64
                                     Services: radvd, dhcp, dhcp6s, samba, vpn  Services: none

Somebody can help for me in this setup?

Many Thanks!

Regards,
Zoltan

(Last edited by sirszabo on 1 Sep 2013, 15:39)

Use a WDS connection between the two

Hi Boompje123!

Thanks for your feedback! Did You mean Client WDS between the two? Than I need to the the Access Point WDS on routerB?

option wds 1

on both AP and client

The discussion might have continued from here.