OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: NETEM Help (Beginner)

The content of this topic has been archived on 31 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am trying to learn how to use Openwrt through the web GUI of my TP Link 1043 ND (Attitude Adjustment) and I am having difficulty of understanding where to enter commands for scripts such as qos, netem etc. I recently managed to learn that the qos script commands are entered at the local startup command interface but I am still having difficulty turning them on like for e.g. I would restart the script then the router not knowing which one will actually enable the script. As for netem, I installed the kmod netem packaged via Opkg and do not know where to enter commands to initiate netem since it is not an initscript.

Via SSH.

Thank jow but I keep getting RTNETLINK answers: no such file or directory error. What is it that I am doing wrong and how do I go about finding the directory that is missing ?

nathanielpollard wrote:

Thank jow but I keep getting RTNETLINK answers: no such file or directory error. What is it that I am doing wrong and how do I go about finding the directory that is missing ?

You should probably take a step or two back. To help, I googled this for you: http://sincealtair.blogspot.com/2010/04 … forum.html

The discussion might have continued from here.