OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys E2000 Help

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my E2000 from Tomato 1.28 to an openwrt build, however I'm not sure which of the binaries are supported and wether I can flash them from the Tomato firware upgrade interface. I don't know If I should use this: [openwrt-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx](from Attitude adjustment) or this: [openwrt-e2000_v1-squashfs.bin](from snapshot trunk). I also need wifi to be supported. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I used a tftp method to flash the openwrt-e2000_v1-squashfs.bin.......It was successful because I could ping 192.168.1.1. However I could not access the web gui and I also noticed that the wifi indicator on my router went out. I'm more than sure it isn't bricked because the power indicator is solid after resetting it just no web gui.

If anyone with basic knowledge and experience can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

(Last edited by mikeriley9905 on 1 Aug 2013, 19:42)

Hello. By default, there is no LuCi (web interface) in openwrt-e2000_v1-squashfs.bin but you can install it via opkg

The discussion might have continued from here.