OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys WAG54GS v1.1

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Nov 2017. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have acquired one of these and am trying to to install OpenWrt so I can use it in Client mode.

The hardware is 4 x 100Mb Eth ports, 1 ADSL, 2 Buttons, 1 Power and a Secure Easy Setup Button.

CPU is a BCM96348 with BCM4318 Wifi  and a BCM2535 switch. 1 x 4Mbx8 Flash and 2 x 8Mb Ram chips.

I've seen similar setups listed in the hardware database, so It should be useable, and I can telnet to the unit and access the Linux system there, but I can't get the router to accept any OpenWrt firmware.

I have found a webpage that lists the jumpers, and my next attempt will be to connect a serial console, and see if I can update via CFE, unless anyone can suggest anything else.

Thanks
Darren

Success!

I tried to flash this by the using the holding the reset button in for 30 seconds trick, but that only gave me the Linksys firmware pages, so I attached a serial lead to j503 on the board and used the CFE 'flashimage' command to install openwrt.

I chose 'openwrt-96348GW-generic-squashfs-cfe.bin' (from 10.03.1) as the image to flash, and it seems to be working fine, (except the ADSL which I don't need)
I have reconfigured it via LuCI as a WiFi client<->ethernet bridge (Which is the intended use for the device).

There is a button on the front I'm not sure how to configure, but I can't think of a use for that currently.

This device is not listed on the hardware database (and is listed as unsupported in the old database)

Regards
Darren

Well, then feel free to put your experiences into the wiki.

The discussion might have continued from here.