OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: ccache_cc Error while compiling a C file.

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am trying to build and perhaps install a python piece of work available here

https://github.com/jcupitt/rtiacquire

Its basically a bunch of python code files with some .c files as well. When I run The python setup, I encounter an error with the C compiler. Here is the output on a TP-Link mr3020 running OpenWRT version : ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT (12.09-rc1, r34185)

root@OpenWrt:~/rtiacquire-master# python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building 'rtiacquire.dejpeg' extension
ccache_cc -fno-strict-aliasing -Os -pipe -mips32r2 -mtune=mips32r2 -fno-caller-saves -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -msoft-float -DNDEBUG -Os -pipe -mips32r2 -mtune=mips32r2 -fno-caller-saves -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -msoft-float -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c rtiacquire/dejpeg.c -o build/temp.linux-mips-2.7/rtiacquire/dejpeg.o
unable to execute ccache_cc: No such file or directory
error: command 'ccache_cc' failed with exit status 1

I am aware that picking up a piece of code and running it on a probably unsupported set of hardware is bound to be in error, but based on what I I have been looking online, it seems this error has something to do with the c compiler, and the last command is compiling the c file with additional params.

If someone can point me to the right way of proceeding, that should help.

rupin.chheda wrote:

ccache_cc -fno-strict-aliasing -Os -pipe -mips32r2 -mtune=mips32r2 -fno-caller-saves -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -msoft-float -DNDEBUG -Os -pipe -mips32r2 -mtune=mips32r2 -fno-caller-saves -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -msoft-float -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c rtiacquire/dejpeg.c -o build/temp.linux-mips-2.7/rtiacquire/dejpeg.o
unable to execute ccache_cc: No such file or directory
error: command 'ccache_cc' failed with exit status 1

This basically means no `ccache_cc` was installed on the system. I guess a better option would be cross-compiling and packaging the code then install it on OpenWrt.

The discussion might have continued from here.