OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Quallcomm qca9558/TP-Link WDR7500 support

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 May 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I can't install anything, since I can't pull down a IP.

right now, it shows:
ifstatus wan shows "up": false, "pending":true "available":true, "autostart":true, "proto":"dhcp", "device":"eth0"

I am not tied to a MAC address, so I already checked that.
Rebooting cable modem didn't help.
Rebooting router didn't help.

So, I am stuck, until I can figure out why it won't pull down a IP from cable modem.

(Last edited by ACBlaze on 6 Dec 2013, 22:58)

Well, I didn't know what else to try, so, I got my old router, hooked it up to cable modem, and then hooked up old router LAN to WAN port of archer c7... and it worked.
It pulled down a IP!  I could ping out, and all that good stuff.
Then I installed the web GUI.

However, I *still* can't pull down a IP direct from cable modem. sad  I don't get it, it isn't about MACs, and I already tried setting the broadcast 1 for DHCP, and it didn't help.

Anyone else got any ideas ?  The Cable modem is a Charter ARRIS docsis 3, and yes, with original firmware (tplink) it did pull down a IP from cable modem fine.

(Last edited by ACBlaze on 7 Dec 2013, 01:24)

What exactly do you mean when you're saying "pull down a IP"?
Which setting does you old router use when you connect it to your modem? DHCP? Or does it start PPP connection of some sort?

eximido wrote:

What exactly do you mean when you're saying "pull down a IP"?
Which setting does you old router use when you connect it to your modem? DHCP? Or does it start PPP connection of some sort?

Yeah, DHCP, there are no cable modems that do PPP, that is only DSL AFAIK.

BTW, anyone else notice this router has really poor g & n signal range ?

(Last edited by ACBlaze on 7 Dec 2013, 19:11)

I am a bit confused with the versions of various type of WDR7500 / C7.
I've got a China model of WDR7500 which has 6 antenna, can I flash C7 firmware and openwrt?
is the tutorial located "http://nosferatu.g0x.ru/pub/wr7500/" workable on the unit?
however, the link seems down right now. Can anyone point me to a valid solution?

how to revert back from openwrt firmware to tplink ac1750 firmware...

mcdull wrote:

I am a bit confused with the versions of various type of WDR7500 / C7.
I've got a China model of WDR7500 which has 6 antenna, can I flash C7 firmware and openwrt?
is the tutorial located "http://nosferatu.g0x.ru/pub/wr7500/" workable on the unit?
however, the link seems down right now. Can anyone point me to a valid solution?

I guess you mean: http://nosferatu.g0x.ru/pub/wdr7500/
The C7 firmware should work fine on the Chinese 6 antenna version, it works well for me.

The problem of limited channels in 5 GHz Chinese wrd7500

Chinese WDR7500 (6 antennas) allows the 5 GHz band only select channels 149-165 . Many European devices do not work with these frequencies. After flashing WDR7500 instructions on Nosferatu in Archer C7 130729 Web interface menu had a choice of channels for European range. But even if you make a selection from the range of 34-64 channels router establishes a minimum "Chinese" channel 149 ! Problem is most likely in the firmware module mini-PCI QCA9880.

It possible to change firmware mini-PCI QCA9880 ability to work for 5 GHz "European" range?

Sorry for my english - translated by Google

he6y3u wrote:

The problem of limited channels in 5 GHz Chinese wrd7500

Chinese WDR7500 (6 antennas) allows the 5 GHz band only select channels 149-165 . Many European devices do not work with these frequencies. After flashing WDR7500 instructions on Nosferatu in Archer C7 130729 Web interface menu had a choice of channels for European range. But even if you make a selection from the range of 34-64 channels router establishes a minimum "Chinese" channel 149 ! Problem is most likely in the firmware module mini-PCI QCA9880.

It possible to change firmware mini-PCI QCA9880 ability to work for 5 GHz "European" range?

art for wifi module is located at mtd4 partition. If someone with archer c7 will provide dump of their flash, then we can try to flash their mtd4 to wdr7500. Most likely it will work.

(Last edited by Ck-NoSFeRaTU on 23 Dec 2013, 17:33)

beeworks wrote:

Take a backup, then just flash the original firmware bin using the firmware upgrade function in LuCI. Worked fine for me smile

Ck-NoSFeRaTU wrote:

art for wifi module is located at mtd4 partition. If someone with archer c7 will provide dump of their flash, then we can try to flash their mtd4 to wdr7500. Most likely it will work.

I have an Archer C7 and I'd be happy to provide a dump for you, but I'm not certain how to accomplish that. Could you walk me through it?

pyr0ball wrote:
beeworks wrote:

Take a backup, then just flash the original firmware bin using the firmware upgrade function in LuCI. Worked fine for me smile

BE REALLY CAREFUL.

IT MUST NOT CONTAIN UBOOT (file size must match exactly (bytes) with openwrt factory image).

some info and mtd dumps here:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=213547#p213547

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 23 Dec 2013, 21:17)

pyr0ball wrote:
Ck-NoSFeRaTU wrote:

I have an Archer C7 and I'd be happy to provide a dump for you, but I'm not certain how to accomplish that. Could you walk me through it?

What firmware are you currently on?

1) If you are on stock firmware but have access to TTL console, then you can boot openwrt ramimage from u-boot. It is the only method to make dumps of stock firmware without hardware flashers or jtag. It is prefered one, as we can dump original factory/oem firmwares without writing anything to flash. An so saving all flash content intact. How to do it:
a) setup your pc ip address to 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0, start tftp-server on it and place image.bin file on that tftp.
b) Power on router and enter to u-boot console by fastly typing tpl on message autobooting in 1 seconds
c) Type tftp 0x80060000 image.bin
d) Type go 0x80060000

When you are into openwrt you can dump mtd partitions by commands: cat /dev/mtd0ro > /tmp/mtd0, cat /dev/mtd1ro > /tmp/mtd1, ..., cat /dev/mtd5ro > /tmp/mtd5. Then you can download it to your pc with any method you want (ssh, ftp,...). For example if you have webserver installed (it is preinstalled in my ramimage) then you can symlink them to webserver root with command ln -s /tmp/mtd0 /www/mtd0 and then download from pc by link http://routerip/mtd0 (repeat with other 5 files).

When finish simply type reboot and you will be booted to your original firmware.

Be aware that your router mac, serial and qss/wifi default password and any your settings like internet passwords will be in dumps.

2) If you are already on openwrt just do openwrt part of method above. Interested partitions in this case are mtd0 and mtd4 only.

(Last edited by Ck-NoSFeRaTU on 24 Dec 2013, 00:10)

I buy WDR-7500 from taobao
Can I flashing archer C7 F/W ?

and support openwrt now ?
I have LSDK-9.5.5.36 and ath10k wifi driver from QCA atheros !

any body can help me ?
thx!

voodoo6000 wrote:

I buy WDR-7500 from taobao
Can I flashing archer C7 F/W ?

Yes you can, see this.

voodoo6000 wrote:

and support openwrt now ?

Openwrt also can be used but without 802.11ac support, we don't have working driver for QCA9880v1. Moreover 802.11g/n stops working sometimes also due to https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11862

voodoo6000 wrote:

I have LSDK-9.5.5.36

Can you share it somewhere?

voodoo6000 wrote:

and ath10k wifi driver from QCA atheros !

It is different from this?

(Last edited by Ck-NoSFeRaTU on 24 Dec 2013, 08:14)

Waiting me upload LSDK to my space , ok ?

My ath10k wifi driver base AP135 board with cus223(qca9558 + ar8327n + ar9880)

I only have ap136 board (qca9558 + ar8327n + ar9580) not 802.11ac , just 802.11n 3T3R 450M

so , i don't know my ath10k driver working fine !

and , My WDR-7500 just stock FW . No try other FW

any one want to try my ath10k wifi driver ?

Ck-NoSFeRaTU wrote:
pyr0ball wrote:
Ck-NoSFeRaTU wrote:

What firmware are you currently on?

1) If you are on stock firmware but have access to TTL console, then you can boot openwrt ramimage from u-boot. It is the only method to make dumps of stock firmware without hardware flashers or jtag. It is prefered one, as we can dump original factory/oem firmwares without writing anything to flash. An so saving all flash content intact. How to do it:
a) setup your pc ip address to 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0, start tftp-server on it and place image.bin file on that tftp.
b) Power on router and enter to u-boot console by fastly typing tpl on message autobooting in 1 seconds
c) Type tftp 0x80060000 image.bin
d) Type go 0x80060000

When you are into openwrt you can dump mtd partitions by commands: cat /dev/mtd0ro > /tmp/mtd0, cat /dev/mtd1ro > /tmp/mtd1, ..., cat /dev/mtd5ro > /tmp/mtd5. Then you can download it to your pc with any method you want (ssh, ftp,...). For example if you have webserver installed (it is preinstalled in my ramimage) then you can symlink them to webserver root with command ln -s /tmp/mtd0 /www/mtd0 and then download from pc by link http://routerip/mtd0 (repeat with other 5 files).

When finish simply type reboot and you will be booted to your original firmware.

Be aware that your router mac, serial and qss/wifi default password and any your settings like internet passwords will be in dumps.

2) If you are already on openwrt just do openwrt part of method above. Interested partitions in this case are mtd0 and mtd4 only.

I'm currently on openwrt, so I'll see about getting those dumps for you. Thanks for the detailed walkthrough! Shoud I just post the dumps here or is there an email you'd like them sent to?

Hi,

For those interested, I've found in this russian forum the latest beta driver for Archer C7 (without bootloader):
http://rghost.ru/51417093

I'm one of those who have a chinese TL-WDR7500 unit with Archer C7 firmware and couldn't change the wireless 5Ghz channel to an European or American one, so I flashed this beta firmware and I can confirm that now I can change the 5Ghz channel out of the 149-165 range.

Regards!

frikinet wrote:

Hi,

For those interested, I've found in this russian forum the latest beta driver for Archer C7 (without bootloader):

I'm one of those who have a chinese TL-WDR7500 unit with Archer C7 firmware and couldn't change the wireless 5Ghz channel to an European or American one, so I flashed this beta firmware and I can confirm that now I can change the 5Ghz channel out of the 149-165 range.

Regards!

Thanks for sharing!
I assume this is a TP-Link firmware, not an OpenWrt firmware, right?

frikinet wrote:

Hi,

Regards!

Yes, you're right. It's an official TP-Link Archer C7 beta firmware, not an OpenWRT one.

It's identical to C7 up to the wireless, which is based on the new, ath10k-supported revision of QCA988x (2-stream version). The C7 OpenWrt image should work out of the box, one just needs to install kmod-ath10k and you're good to go.

wow that is good news!

too bad it's "only" 2 stream...

hi all ! I have C7 with 3 antenas.
I have a problem with nosferatu version, speed is limited to 300Mbs and with stock firmware @ speedtest I have DL with 940 Mbs

(Last edited by stylerro on 12 Jan 2014, 04:20)

Sorry, posts 201 to 200 are missing from our archive.