OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: ASUS WL-330N3G and its USB port for WebCam

The content of this topic has been archived on 8 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello to everyone in the meantime I wanted to thank you for the forum and the support and the excellent firmware that I use with pleasure. But I wanted to ask you something about the mini-router ASUS WL-330N3G and its USB port. You can use OpenWRT with the USB port to connect a webcam? And as in the case? It would really be the ultimate.

Thank you for your help;)

Even if the USB port is used in the original firmware for your USB 3G? So just give us openwrt install this plugin and just do it?

It's just usb, doesn't matter what is it used for, although if you have usb 1.1 and not 2.0 that migt a bit of an issue... but play, check

perfect, last thing, it is that having only 4 MB of flash memory do not come around openwrt and the program for the webcam?

That depends on your purposes. If you happen to run out of space while installing packages, you might try to build a custom firmware image only containing the packages you need. Also, packages put into the firmware image are compressed stronger than those installed later (since squashfs has better compression than jffs2).

The discussion might have continued from here.