OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TD-W8910G bricked?

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I seem to have bricked my TD-W8910G v3 router; information on this particular model seems scarce, with most
sites being in Polish, and even they lack the information I'm looking for... hmm

The hardware found on the PCB is as follows:

SoC: BCM6348SKFBG
Flash: 4 MB - Spansion S29GL032A90TFIR4
RAM: 16 MB - Samsung K4S281632I-UC60
Switch: Marvell 88E6060-RCJ1

The board has two unpopulated headers, one 10-pin (J5) and one 14-pin (JP1):
http://s13.postimg.org/hchhsyihv/pcb.jpg

Could the 10-pin header be a dual serial TTL port, like in the WRT54G(L), and the 14-pin header an eJTAG interface?

In case it matters: the board ID is 96348GW-11.

Awesome, thanks man! Looks like it's soldering time...

One last question though - I'm assuming you speak Russian: Google Translate translates the part of the post regarding JTAG as

The only thing I had to do with the resistor 13 feet away on the ground (near the back of the legs). Soft and examples of work here.

which does not exactly make sense...

(Last edited by sebbot on 17 Apr 2013, 17:21)

I don't understand russian either ....

I sugest you to try connect just GND and TX first to a TTL usb-serial adapter. Just to verify the correct baudrate.

Thanks, I'll try that! I'll report back, but it might take a while as I'm rather busy at the moment...

I've now soldered pins to the J5 header, then tried using the USB-TTL cable for the Raspberry Pi to connect to the router...
I've tried connecting only GND and TX, but had no success, regardless of whether using the counter-clockwise or the even-pins-on-one-side-odd-pins-on-the-other-side numering scheme... any ideas?

Update: I've measured voltage levels at the J5 header and this is the result:

+----------------+
J5  | 2  4  6  8  10 |
    | 1  3  5  7  9  |
    +-v--------------+

2 - 3V3
3 - 3V3
4 - 3V3
5 - GND

(all other pins show 0V)

So the info given on the Russian site (GND on pin 4) mentioned above can't apply to this particular model... I've tried connecting all pins to the RX cable on my USB-TTL adapter, but still no luck...

Anyone?

(Last edited by sebbot on 30 Apr 2013, 14:18)

ok but then you used pin5 as GND?

Yes. The PCB has a test point marked GND1, and resistance between this test point and pin 5 is zero, so I'm assuming it's the
GND pin...

The discussion might have continued from here.