OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Porting OpenWRT to Sitecom WL-105b

The content of this topic has been archived on 13 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,

I just purchased an old Sitecom WL-105b access point from a study mate, who wasn't using it anymore. After a bit of investigation I found that this machine is using Linux (but there's no source on the Sitecom website, baaaaaad Sitecom. The device is EOLed though.). It is based on the BRCM4702KPB chip and it has a BCM94306MP rev. 4 mini-PCI wireless card. The current kernel running on the
device (with firmware 1.37) is a 2.4.5 kernel. Userland has busybox 0.60.

I don't know how much memory and flash the machine has (there are two chips that say d98sd6416ah-6), but since it's running Linux I guess it's 4MB RAM and 16 MB flash (or 2 and 8?). The board doesn't appear to be Sitecom specific, since it says "WX5520A V02" and also since it looks an awful lot like this device: http://www.gemtek.com.tw/pro_wx5520a.htm (but probably it doesn't do 802.11a...I think...would be neat).

Anyway, since the device does not seem to have anything to solder a serial port to (except for JTAG I suppose) I'm a bit afraid just to try to upload some firmware and see if it works. So, does anyone have any experience with this device, or can anyone tell me how likely it is that I will brick it if I upload new firmware to it?

thanks in advance,

armijn

same question as above!!!

The discussion might have continued from here.