OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-LINK MR3040 v2 support

The content of this topic has been archived between 2 Apr 2018 and 19 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

hey, im also using mr3040 v2 i got openwrt to load, set up network, at the moment its connected by cable to my router and wifi    is on so can get in, can ping google etc, did opkg update then opkg install kmod-blockmount but when i try kmod-fs-ext3 and kmod-usb-storage it fails, plus i cant find a fstab folder...without those i cant use extroot right? im a real linux newbie so any help appreciated smile

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install kmod-usb-storage
Installing kmod-usb-storage (3.10.17-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ … r71xx.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-usb-storage:
*      kernel (= 3.10.17-1-7ae4a648401f2216d6aff57f5ed43a60) *         kernel (= 3.10.17-1-7ae4a648401f2216d6aff57f5ed43a60) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-storage.
root@OpenWrt:~#

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install kmod-fs-ext4
Installing kmod-fs-ext4 (3.10.17-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ … r71xx.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-fs-ext4:
*      kernel (= 3.10.17-1-7ae4a648401f2216d6aff57f5ed43a60) *         kernel (= 3.10.17-1-7ae4a648401f2216d6aff57f5ed43a60) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-fs-ext4.
root@OpenWrt:~#

openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-factory

is there an older build that is known to work? im sitting with it and it sees the usb just cant mount or access it...if im reading right i can use scp or wget then mdt and put a different image without these problems on...

thanks in advance im completely new to this and know im asking questions, but im really searching for an answer and im googling like mad smile so any help appreciated smile

Alright, so I've had lots of failures trying to install luci from sysupgrade, so I reverted to nebia88's build, because I perfer bootstrap luci. is there any one with a Barrier breaker version for the v2 with kernel 3.10.18? Every time I attempt to install luci after a sysuupgrade, it always runs out of space, then I have to re-flash it. I need kernel 3.10.18 to use the kmod-button-hotplug, but right now i'm at 3.10.13. how do I upgrade?

found an image with the usb built in already, fixed my problem, went extroot with full root instead of overlay and has been working beautifully.

hey, smile been playing with my mr3040v2 , have 3 of them now, do we know if there is any active development? would love to have a stable version instead of trunk, to its going well so far smile does anyone know how to use the slider switch? seems different from what they describe for hardware button. trying to make it everytime it moves it changes the text in a file, and cycles a different led on, then on boot the text in the file sets what settings to load...means i can make about 7 modes off the slider...saw the minipwner and pineapple mods, they been great help for settings, but the piratebox is what im aiming for, with diff modes for wifi and net configs any help would be great smile

ajws7036 wrote:

Alright, so I've had lots of failures trying to install luci from sysupgrade, so I reverted to nebia88's build, because I perfer bootstrap luci. is there any one with a Barrier breaker version for the v2 with kernel 3.10.18? Every time I attempt to install luci after a sysuupgrade, it always runs out of space, then I have to re-flash it. I need kernel 3.10.18 to use the kmod-button-hotplug, but right now i'm at 3.10.13. how do I upgrade?

Just Thought I'd bump.. It's been a while since anyone replied..

I need help getting this firmware on my tplink.3040v2    http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ab44c5bb

Im trying to install the Camranger Firmware on a tplink 3040 so i can use it with my DSLR and camranger app. http://camranger.com/       

Camranger sells the TPLINK 3040 with their own firmware for 300 bucks that i dont want to pay.  These are the bin files that come in the Canranger firmware update program. I know it installs 2 of them. Most likely CR2v1 or CR2v2 depending on the version. Then installs CR6 or CR1 which have the commands and info for cameras attached to the tplink. Can you guys look through these and maybe figure out the best way to install these. Im thinking install CR2v2 manually then the update software might recognize it as a camranger and update the rest. Im not sure.

(Last edited by DayBowBow on 11 Apr 2014, 00:21)

The discussion might have continued from here.