OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Openwrt buildroot error

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello Every one,
I installed Openwrt Buildroot the same way in the wiki and i run make config and no error shown.
But when i used make commande the compliation begun but stopped after 2h by an error.
like suggested by make command i used after tha make V=s to see the error but the problem i coulden't understand anythig about it. There is any one here who can help me Because i have juste 3g connection in place and i wanna make an image with full usb 3g proto build-in
there is the error :

/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib/gcc/mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.6.4/../../../../mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: note: 'g_signal_connect_data' is defined in DSO /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[7]: *** [test-search-criteria-parser] Error 1
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2/tests'
make[6]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2/tests'
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2'
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2'
make[3]: *** [/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/feeds/packages/libs/gupnp-av'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/gupnp-av/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk'
make[1]: *** [/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk'
make: *** [world] Erreur 2
dali@dali-Satellite-A100:~/openwrt/trunk$

The 1 or 2 lines before this might be useful, but it looks like it could be a problem that a certain library is not specified when trying to link a program.

This looks like it's happening while it's building (the tests for) the gupnp-av-0.10.2  package.  do you need  said package?  If not, you could just take it out of your config and see if it continues.

(however you may run into the same problem if another package also needs this library)

Alternately you can try to figure out how to fix the Makefile for that package.

edit:
i was curious and i get the same error on a build tree from a few weeks ago.    One possible solution is that once you get to the error
edit
./build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2/Makefile

edit the Makefile 

Find the line:
SUBDIRS = libgupnp-av tests doc

and delete the word "tests".    then run the build again and it continues and creates a package.   Whether it works or not... no idea, but it should.

A better solution would possible be to try to upgrade to a newer version of this pacakge.

You should also possibly file a bug saying that the libgupnp-av package isn't building.

(as an aside.. man... building the glib stuff takes forever!)

(Last edited by vhrm on 5 Mar 2013, 22:02)

THX vhrm i'll try your suggestion and i'll tell you the result but before this is the upper line

/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/include/gupnp-1.0 -I/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/include/gssdp-1.0 -I/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/include/libxml2 -I/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/include/libsoup-2.4 -I/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I.. -Os -pipe -mips32r2 -mtune=mips32r2 -fno-caller-saves -mno-branch-likely -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -msoft-float -I/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/include -I/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib/libintl-stub/include -Wl,-rpath-link=/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib -o .libs/test-search-criteria-parser test-search-criteria-parser.o  -L/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib -L/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib -L/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib -L/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib -L/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib/libiconv-stub/lib -L/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib/libintl-stub/lib ../libgupnp-av/.libs/libgupnp-av-1.0.so -lgupnp-1.0 -pthread
/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib/gcc/mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.6.4/../../../../mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: test-search-criteria-parser.o: undefined reference to symbol 'g_signal_connect_data'
/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib/gcc/mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.6.4/../../../../mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: note: 'g_signal_connect_data' is defined in DSO /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[7]: *** [test-search-criteria-parser] Error 1
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2/tests'
make[6]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2/tests'
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2'
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2'
make[3]: *** [/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-av-0.10.2/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/feeds/packages/libs/gupnp-av'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/gupnp-av/compile] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2

Ok i juste make as you said but i have another error i don't know if it's after the first or make commade continue the work where it found the error
anyway this is the seconde error

/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala/usr/lib/pkgconfig/
install -d -m0755 /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala/usr/share/vala/vapi
install -m0644 /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/gupnp-vala-0.10.3/ipkg-install/usr/share/vala/vapi/*.{vapi,deps} /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala/usr/share/vala/vapi
find /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala -name '*.la' | xargs -r rm -f;
if [ -d /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala ]; then (cd /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala; find ./ > /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala.files);     SHELL= /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/host/bin/flock /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/.staging-dir.flock -c ' mv /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala.files /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/packages/gupnp-vala.list && cp -fpR /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala/* /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/; '; fi
rm -rf /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/tmp/stage-gupnp-vala
touch /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.gupnp-vala_installed
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/feeds/packages/libs/gupnp-vala'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/feeds/packages/libs/intltool'
mkdir -p /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/dl
/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/scripts/download.pl "/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/dl" "intltool-0.40.6.tar.bz2" "69bc0353323112f42ad4f9cf351bc3e5" "@GNOME/intltool/0.40"
--2013-03-05 22:36:49--  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ … .6.tar.bz2
Resolving ftp.gnome.org (ftp.gnome.org)... 130.239.18.163, 130.239.18.137, 130.239.18.138, ...
Connecting to ftp.gnome.org (ftp.gnome.org)|130.239.18.163|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 140340 (137K) [application/x-bzip2]
Saving to: `STDOUT'

100%[============================================================================================>] 140,340      116K/s   in 1.2s   

2013-03-05 22:36:51 (116 KB/s) - written to stdout [140340/140340]

. /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/include/shell.sh; bzcat /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/dl/intltool-0.40.6.tar.bz2 | /bin/tar -C /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/host/intltool-0.40.6/.. -xf -
touch /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/host/intltool-0.40.6/.prepared7f2338324c37fad91c5cd9120ac41cc5
(cd /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/host/intltool-0.40.6/; if [ -x configure ]; then cp -fpR /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/scripts/config.{guess,sub} /home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/host/intltool-0.40.6// &&  ./configure CC="gcc" CFLAGS="-O2 -I/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/host/include" CPPFLAGS="-I/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/host/include" LDFLAGS="-L/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/host/lib" SHELL="/bin/bash" --target=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --program-prefix="" --program-suffix="" --prefix=/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/host --exec-prefix=/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/host --sysconfdir=/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/host/etc --localstatedir=/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/host/var --sbindir=/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/host/bin ; fi )
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for perl >= 5.8.1... 5.14.2
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool
make[3]: *** [/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/build_dir/host/intltool-0.40.6/.configured] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dali/openwrt/trunk/feeds/packages/libs/intltool'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/intltool/host/compile] Error 2

If i m not wrong it's the same procuder then the first one !!!

mmmm.... not even close :-)

work up from the bottom and note the "last" make message... it says it's leaving intltool...
So the error is probably wen building that...

in this case you just have to go one more line up to see:
" checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool"

so just use your OS's package tool (yum, apt-get, or whatever  it happens to be) to install it... it's prob  perl-XML-Parser or something similar.

I have a similar problem on a ubuntu installation.
I tried to build the 1209AA release for the TP-Link MR3020

checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for perl >= 5.8.1... 5.14.2
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool
make[3]: *** [/home/xyz/openwrt/r36088/attitude_adjustment/build_dir/host/intltool-0.40.6/.configured] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/xyz/openwrt/r36088/attitude_adjustment/feeds/packages/libs/intltool'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/intltool/host/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xyz/openwrt/r36088/attitude_adjustment'
make[1]: *** [/home/vkleinadm/openwrt/r36088/attitude_adjustment/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xyz/openwrt/r36088/attitude_adjustment'
make: *** [world] Fehler 2

I tried to instatt with sudo apt-get install perl-XML-Parser
but I got

xyz@H520S:~$ sudo apt-get install perl-XML-Parser
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut       
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen... Fertig
E: Paket perl-XML-Parser kann nicht gefunden werden

Any further suggestions?

apt-get install libxml-parser-perl

apt-get install libxml-parser-perl did not work for me.

I had to install libexpat1-dev first.
Then I installed cpan und cpanminus, then cpanm XML::parser

The info in the build.log   about the libname (Install 'expat-devel' package) is not up do date.
The correct name is libexpat1-de

I tried again apt-get install libxml-parser-perl, now it works

Thanks for the hints

The discussion might have continued from here.