OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TL-MR3040 GPIOs

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 Jan 2018 and 7 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Thanks! Now other users can use use this free GPIOS

doiga wrote:

Indeed, you are right. If you take a better look these "VBAT" and "TEMP1" are directly from the battery, from there "VBAT" goes to LED4 and K72 transistor (as supposed for power) bit confusing traces around them, and "TEMP1" goes to R154/R135 therefore U8 wich let me to: LTC4088 http://www.linear.com/product/LTC4088 but I´m not sure of this IC

Nice photos, I had already updated GPIOs with boostrap, LED, etc, thanks to Squonk explication...I will update all GPIOs soon as possible!

I will also try to mod to 8MB SPI FLASH! big_smile

The LTC4088 chip monitors the battery temperature on pin 1 to ensure the battery is at a safe charging temperature, so this makes sense.

(Last edited by rcr8 on 3 Apr 2013, 05:58)

Hi all.

Are there any way to monitor power presents from microusb adapter inside the openwrt? TL-MR3040 v.2

Thanks,

doiga wrote:

Next step is USB power (try to find the equivalent to R113 in WR703N) and External Antenna Hack!

Any updates on this? I'm trying to connect and external harddrive but the provided usb power is not enough to spinup the disks.

Thanks.

braian87b wrote:
doiga wrote:

Next step is USB power (try to find the equivalent to R113 in WR703N) and External Antenna Hack!

Any updates on this? I'm trying to connect and external harddrive but the provided usb power is not enough to spinup the disks.

Thanks.

I have used a separate power supply to power an external hard drive on the TL-MR3040. A dual USB power bank, 1A for the TL-MR3040 and 2A for the hard drive.

Software/new code alone will not get the TL-MR3040 to power an external hard drive unless it's in combination with serious hardware modification.

No problem on a serious hardware modification... maybe if I add a 5v regulator by itself on the battery 3.7v work, but I don't know, that's because I asked if someone do something similar.
I wan't to use as a wireless NAS Battery Powered.

braian87b wrote:
doiga wrote:

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm sorry to inform you, but my MR3040 ended up broken, and I've never got the chance to modify it.

An usb hub with external supply, from a battery, should do it.

doiga wrote:

Hi,

I'm sorry to inform you, but my MR3040 ended up broken, and I've never got the chance to modify it.

An usb hub with external supply, from a battery, should do it.

What a shame, thanks anyway! smile

The discussion might have continued from here.