OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [Solved] I've briked my MR3420 V1.2 ( cfeon flash Winboun SDRam)

The content of this topic has been archived between 19 Apr 2018 and 4 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

wow, amazing result! Did you drill the serial port connections? You don't want to do that on a multilayer board.
Still, good it is working.

hi, guys!
i have a 3420 v1.2 (spansion flash)... actually there is currently no flash chip @ all and on top of that, the soldering points on the pcb are ripped off. pretty dull, but i still have some hope left, cause around the flash chip, there are 16 more solder points (8 on each side), just waiting to be used. prob is, i don't know which ones should i use with the spare cfeon i got cheap shipped from china... so if someone has the 3420 and is willing to take it apart and find out which of the contacts are the right ones, i will be more that thankful!!!
sorry for wring here, couldn't figure out how to open an new thread. sad ...i'm new here, you know...

can you post some close picures of the pins you are referring to?

nimron wrote:

hi, guys!
i have a 3420 v1.2 (spansion flash)... actually there is currently no flash chip @ all and on top of that, the soldering points on the pcb are ripped off. pretty dull, but i still have some hope left, cause around the flash chip, there are 16 more solder points (8 on each side)...

chip on 8 --->  chip on 16
pin 1       -->    pin 7
pin 2       -->    pin 8
pin 3       -->    pin 9
pin 4       -->    pin 10
pin 5       -->    pin 15
pin 6       -->    pin 16
pin 7       -->    pin 1
pin 8       -->    pin 2

I have very strange problem with my TL-MR3420 V1.2.

The problem is that GND and TX are shorted somehow. I've already remove C496 and test with ohmmeter between GND and TX and there is a continuity. I tested directly to processor and again there is a continuity between this pins. Seems, that R612 is connected to the GND pin, not to RX. Please help me to fix it if possible.

The discussion might have continued from here.