OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: tplink crashed

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

hi. i installed http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ … actory.bin and sysupgrade last week on my tplik mr3420. i delete mount and umount files before to install opkg install mount-utils. But my router not work now. icant ping telnet or ssh to it. i try static ip 192.168.1.1 and dynamic but not work. i dont know the problem.
my idea rootfs mount overly but mount not work in overlysys so it cant mount tmpfs or some... sad     

1) can i fix it without serial connection?(i try failsafe mode)
2)i  try serial connection. but not work.can you say is it correct?
  i use serial female to female cable
  i soldering a male rs232 with cable and 10k resistor.
  inserted rs232 male pins left to right pins 2=tx 3=rx, 5=grnd  8=vcc.
  insert 10k resistor between rx-vcc and tx-vcc
  plug rss 232 cable between pc-device
  plug cat5 cable between pc-device change ip 192.168.1.27
  install tftpd and change openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3420-v1-squashfs-factory.bin as code.bin and browse folder to it.
  plug power to device and try connect to com1 port with putty after to change settings.
  and try to write tpl in 1-5 seconds!

putty is blank and its not work. How you got idea?

thanks much. And sorry to my english...

(Last edited by goatux on 8 Jan 2013, 11:15)

You probably FRIED your router!

TP_IN/TP_OUT serial console signals are 2.7V only, and RS232 is -12V/+12V (well at least -5V/+5V)!!!

This is why you need an adapter, preferably an LVTTL (+3.3V) UART to USB, NOT a simple RS232 cable.

So my guess is that at least the serial console electronic internal buffers are dead, if not worse sad

sad   
can i lucky not fired it? can possilty try other cable?
which cable use for this(i use dealextreme or like word free shipping online shopping)
can i use http://dx.com/p/usb-2-0-to-ttl-uart-5-p … lue-152317 direct or must insert 10k resistor.

if it is dead i must buy other cheap usb/wireles/ethernet/openwrt device have userfriendly recovery mod. cany u say any products/devicename/model?

(Last edited by goatux on 8 Jan 2013, 17:13)

The discussion might have continued from here.