OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Anyone used this PL2303 and do I have it identified correctly?

The content of this topic has been archived on 7 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Liberated from a Mobile Action MA-8620E data cable for an old Nokia.
Identifies under Linux as a Prolific PL2303, the PCB is labelled as UPH02x A-G.
PunBB bbcode test
PunBB bbcode test
(higher resolution images available)

I hope to use it to provide serial console access from the PC to a TL-WR703N.

TIA

I have an PL2303 and its working out of the box on linux. For windows you need the drivers from the homepage of the manufactorer from this chipset.

iNT13 wrote:

<snipped>
Identifies under Linux as a Prolific PL2303
<snipped>

Lubomir wrote:

I have an PL2303 and its working out of the box on linux. For windows you need the drivers from the homepage of the manufactorer from this chipset.

I already knew about support of 2.6 and later kernels. Not interested in Windoof - but thanks anyway. hmm

My question is "Anyone used this PL2303 and do I have it (the connections) identified correctly? smile

It's the connections I'm interested in confirming, and no, they're not the same in every application. Prolific don't sell direct, they sell to the manufacturers only, so every use is different (this is not a DKU-5) and I can't find any references to how it's been implemented on this (UPH02x A-G). Driver support will be identical - but the circuits in which the Prolific chip is used will vary.

This appears to be a genuine but I'd like to check what I guess (based on pop-port connections) are the correct connections before I connect it as I don't have the equipment to test properly (loopback testing failed).

The discussion might have continued from here.