OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Need Help - TL-WDR4300 - serial port

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 Mar 2018 and 9 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Perhaps there is a way to re-mount root as rw?

It's a read only fs, not a rw fs mounted as ro...

I'm thinking of a way to know what is the right filename to use..

for those who have serial console (just in case..), try to upload this to israel FW Update Web GUI:

EDIT: removed bricking firmware..

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 5 Feb 2013, 07:14)

Hi nebbia88,

The operation was successful, but the patient died.

It went 100% thru the entire proccess, then reached 100% after rebooting, then died.
Now I have only the SYS and LAN2 leds (if the router is connected)

30/30/30 doesn't help as well, so it's badly bricked :)

Guess I'll have to wait for serial TTL adapter to arrive then :/

(Last edited by flasher on 4 Feb 2013, 23:13)

That's why i recommended to have serial... sad

Anyway, did you try also reset button once it's booted up? You do not see any wifi network

the good news is that the gui accepted the fw, so there is some hope..

The problem was that all the original english fw have also uboot included, an that header needs a different checksum, and then after the usual 0x20200 there is another header...

So you need to first trim uboot, then patch the header.. Then i also removed the "boot" word from filename but maybe that's not needed...

Anyway, i'm thinking if using an older fw would work..

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 5 Feb 2013, 07:21)

I hope that it didn't screw up the uboot, can uboot be recovered with the TTL serial?

if uboot would be damaged, you could not recover with serial. but it is very unlikely that the original firmware would allow to mess with the uboot partition.

got the same problem, is there any guide of how to flash that beast using the serial method?

I bought the same router, amazing it is.

Is a solution exists for removing the Israeli firmware?

Maybe, but I need someone with serial console working to test image file

got the adapter, hopefully ill have enough time at work to solder the pins to the pcb for the serial interface this week...

tfishler, thanks a lot!
I tried and it's working!
You free me from this F*&((& firmware from Israel

Hello guys!

I've been playing with TL-WDR7500, I'm trying to backup it's stock firmware.
While in U-boot  TFTP doesn't allow to backup anything, it's just for receiving.
While in a running system I can't login via serial, what shoul I try as login\password?
BTW hidden web page with linux command line doesn't work for me also, it says that login\password is incorrect while I wasn't asked for them, tried in a differen browsers on two different PC so cached router's password is not the reason.

The discussion might have continued from here.