OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenWrt on TPLink MR3020 - Ushare dlna svr does not start after reboot

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Had a bright idea to try to use the MR3020 to stream media to various devices, especially when on the road.  Figured it was low powered enough to run easily in the car, etc...   

Samba is working great, but I am trying to possibly use a streaming dlna server. My thinking is that something like ushare would be a little more efficient that file sharing using samba.   I plan to have the media stored in the correct format to play, without any need to transcode.  Ushare seems to the light weight dlna server to use and works great, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get ushare to start after a re-boot.    Without it starting automically, it defeats my purpose.

From the command line, both: /etc/init.d/ushare start and Sxx script in the /etc/rc.d dirs works fine running it manually and the ushare process is shown, as well as media streaming functions; however, after the process never gets started after a reboot.

The normal auto-startl method: /etc/init.d/ushare enable  puts the correct symbolic links in /etc/rc.d, but after a boot, I never see ushare getting started.   I have also tried to put commands/scripts in the /etc/rc.local with no luck. 

config ushare
        option user 'nobody'
        option servername 'OpenWrt'
        option content_directories '/mnt/usbdata/tmp'
        option disable_telnet '1'
        option disable_webif '1'
        option username 'nobody'
        option enabled '1'
        option interface 'wlan0'

when manually runing, it works great..
root@OpenWrt:/etc/config# ps | grep ushare
1919 nobody   21764 S    /usr/bin/ushare -n -v OpenWrt -i wlan0 -c /mnt/usbdata/tmp -w -t
1935 root      1492 S    grep ushare

I do notice when running manually, with verbose option,  there's a statement about 'Interface wlan0 is down' even though it's not and the functionality is working fine.  Could this be the issue with it not auto-starting after a boot.  I'm lost as to what to look for after a boot.  I put print statements in the auto-start script before and after the 'service_start' line and I see the before/after statements I put in; however, no ushare process is started.

Any ideas?

Verbose log after starting manually.  There's a warning/error around wlan0 not being up, even though it is and the streaming works great.

root@OpenWrt:/etc/init.d#  /usr/bin/ushare -n -v OpenWrt -i wlan0 -c /mnt/usbdata/tmp -w -t
Interface wlan0 is down.
Recheck uShare's configuration and try again !
uShare (version 1.1a), a lightweight UPnP A/V and DLNA Media Server.
Benjamin Zores (C) 2005-2007, for GeeXboX Team.
See http://ushare.geexbox.org/ for updates.
Initializing UPnP subsystem ...
UPnP MediaServer listening on 192.168.33.1:49153
Sending UPnP advertisement for device ...
Listening for control point connections ...

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 90:F6:52:76:56:76
          inet addr:192.168.33.1  Bcast:192.168.33.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:99 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:32
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:51232 (50.0 KiB)

What about init.d/ushare start??

Also that script has execution permission?

The discussion might have continued from here.