OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: 10.03.01 on WNDR3700: /etc/init.d/relayd doesn't exist

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I'm trying to set up a WNDR3700 to be a wireless client but am having difficulty following the recipe. Most everything worked except for enabling relayd itself.

In particular, /etc/init.d/relayd simply does not seem to exist. I can call relayd from the command line, but no initscript seems to exist.

My next step is to try with Attitude Adjustment, but I was hoping to stick with something stable. The last time I tried AA it would simply stop routing after a while, and then stop responding to ping/ssh not long after that.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Sasha

kleptophobiac wrote:

I'm trying to set up a WNDR3700 to be a wireless client but am having difficulty following the recipe. Most everything worked except for enabling relayd itself.

In particular, /etc/init.d/relayd simply does not seem to exist. I can call relayd from the command line, but no initscript seems to exist.

My next step is to try with Attitude Adjustment, but I was hoping to stick with something stable. The last time I tried AA it would simply stop routing after a while, and then stop responding to ping/ssh not long after that.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Sasha

If you have not install relayd into your device, of course "relayd" doesn't exist under /etc/init.d
What are you thinking ?

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  root  1926 Dec  5 04:44 relayd

johan666 wrote:

If you have not install relayd into your device, of course "relayd" doesn't exist under /etc/init.d
What are you thinking ?

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  root  1926 Dec  5 04:44 relayd

Why do you assume that I haven't installed the package?

For anybody googling later, the RC1 build of AA worked fine and its build of relayd did provide /etc/init.d/relayd, as expected. The release candidate is also more stable than the prior builds on this hardware.

I have not resolved why the 10.03.1 version of the package doesn't come with that file, but at least for me it's now a moot point.

(Last edited by kleptophobiac on 7 Dec 2012, 05:31)

If you have installed relayd,
/etc/init.d/relayd should exist.
that's all.

hnyman wrote:
kleptophobiac wrote:

I have not resolved why the 10.03.1 version of the package doesn't come with that file

Explanation is simple: the old Backfire version in 10.03.1 does not generate that file, while the current trunk & AA versions do.

Thanks for your simple and clear answer!

It is simple enough, I'm not assume you haven't installed,
you Really haven't installed it !
You just think you have, genius.

The discussion might have continued from here.