OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Make error

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have follow the guidelines from https://github.com/airplug/airplug/wiki … or-OpenWRT. But I have errors when I "make" one of my c program.

Makefile:1: /rules.mk: No such file or directory.
Makefile:8: /package.mk: No such file or directory,
Make: *** No rule to make target '/package.mk'. Stop.

Any help?

Hi eminempark,

Try to be more specific.

What did you do before "make"? Are you cross-compiling?

Hi fernandocunha,

Ya. I'm cross-compiling. Before that, I do "make menuconfig" and choose the "SDK". After that, I put my code into the /backfire/build_dir/target-mipsel uClibc-0.9.30.1/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686-gcc-3.4.6_uClibc-0.9.30.1/package"

Is your code inside its own folder? E.g.:/backfire/build_dir/target-mipsel uClibc-0.9.30.1/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686-gcc-3.4.6_uClibc-0.9.30.1/package/code

I know that when you download the SDK, you must use "make package/code/compile V=99". But I'm not sure when you compile your own SDK.

Hi fernandocunha,

It is settled. I should compile it at "/backfire/build_dir/target-mipsel uClibc-0.9.30.1/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686-gcc-3.4.6_uClibc-0.9.30.1/" folder. Not inside the code folder.

Thank you...

The discussion might have continued from here.