OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Installing OpenWRT on Netgear DG834g V2

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi there,

I've just started looking into OpenWRT to have a mess about with and maybe improve my old routers performance. It's a Netgear DG834g V2. I have patched the boot loader and I eventually got the DGTeam firmware to install. But I can't seam to get OpenWRT to work. I'm struggling as it is so old now, most of the tutorials and forum posts are out of date or of no help.

Basically when I have flashed with http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/1 … uashfs.bin and I reboot by switching off the router when it is complete, then switch back on, the power light comes on along with the ethernet port 1 light. The orange tick flashes as you would expect, goes out, then seconds later the power and tick lights start alternatively flashing. Which to me is the recovery behaviour.

At this point I'm a bit stuck as what to do. I have repeated this a few times all with the same result. I plan on trying an older version of OpenWRT but I'm not quite sure where to start. Is there anyone that could suggest anything I could try differently from these symptoms?

I have followed the wiki and a few other tutorials.

Thanks

Alex

Actually managed to figure the alternating flashing out. Somehow the boot loader either reverted back to default or it hadn't worked. Now the router has a constant power light with a flashing orange tick. I read that this was the unpacking of OpenWRT. Except, it has been flashing like that for nearly 12 hours now!

What does this mean?

The discussion might have continued from here.