I've successfully manually setup IPv6 6rd from my home DSL link to Qwest/Centurylink , and I want to integrate the manual configuration changes so that they will survive reboot / ip address change, get to be visible on via luci , get ip6tables working etc.

First off - what I've done...

Century Link have announced 6rd support via the simple UI on a subset of their devices (just one currently published, but i found some more on a gamma test site with google searches - so I think there are more coming.)

=========================
#!/bin/sh

MYIPADDRESS=N.N.N.N

CLINKPREFIX="2602"
CLINKLENGTH=24
CLINK6RDNODE=205.171.2.64

LANINTF=br-lan
WANINTF=pppoe-wan

V6IPADDR=$(printf "$CLINKPREFIX:%02x:%02x%02x:%02x00::1\n" $(echo $MYIPADDRESS | tr . ' '))

if [ -n "$V6IPADDR" ]; then
        ip tunnel del 6rd
    ip addr add $V6IPADDR/64 dev br-lan
    ip tunnel add 6rd mode sit local $MYIPADDRESS ttl 64
    ip tunnel 6rd dev 6rd 6rd-prefix $CLINKPREFIX::/$CLINKLENGTH
    ip addr add $V6IPADDR/$CLINKLENGTH dev 6rd
    ip link set 6rd up
    ip route add ::/0 via ::$CLINK6RDNODE dev $WANINTF

fi

=========================

I can run this on my device ; and 6rd work... however I want to set it up so that this script is integrated into interface transitions - so that when I reboot, or interfaces transition - and my external IP is updated - that the computed 6rd address is correct.

So I'm looking for guidance on where I need to integrate this into the openwrt environment. I also need to update my radvd config - which I haven't got to yet - because my lan already has v6 on it from sixxs

Also - what other things should be integrated ? luci doesn't display the IPv6 data - presumably because it's looking for v6 addresses on my $WANINTF and is completely unaware of the 6rd interface I created.

So I'm looking for pointers to documentation / examples of other people having done the same thing ... rather than having to reinvent the wheel ..

(Last edited by chrishig on 15 Jun 2012, 02:27)