OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: game console

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

anybody think of making a portable game console out of a netgear cgd24g?
I've never seen this done but I think it possable

In all likely hood the biggest chance for an open source console will come from something like the Raspberry Pi.

there are already some open source handheld consoles available (probably already with a good user-/developerbase): http://www.openhandhelds.org/

any of those handmade?
by the way I don't think that router will wok with openWRT

ok I know its been about a month since I last posted but the case should be about 4.25" by 6.5" internal meaning the router should be small like a bifferboard
I'm currently trying to find a screen that might work, I need some thing with a total size of 3.75" tall and about 5" long using usb protocol
the controls will be a Sega genesis three button controller boards and one or two psp thumb sticks wired to an AVR MCU that in turn is wired to the serial port of the router
the power is a 3.6v LI-Po battery and a 3.3v ldr with built in charge circuit
aside from all of that the main board is probably going to be a dual usb bifferboard
the sound is a pair of speakers from an ACER A1 connected to a stereo resistor dac
for storage the bifferboard has an mmc card slot gpios(I need a pinout of this)

(Last edited by pacman101 on 24 Jun 2012, 21:56)

The discussion might have continued from here.