OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Router 300M TP-Link WR842ND

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all, I'm new in this forum and a newbie too smile

I have bought a TP-Link WR842ND and though factory firmware is not bad I wold like to add much more functionality to this router and have a linux based firmware. I've seen that this router has a trunk version supported and if I understood it's like beta or RC. My question is which image should I choose to install. I surfed all the site and I've found some download section. However I can't find my router name in the because it looks like they are listed for chipset names.

Mine is supposed to be Atheros but in the Atheros folder there are a lot of images and I don't want to random pick up something you know smile

Could you please give me a link or instruction to know which is the right firmware image to download?

Is Lucy Web UI already in it?

Thank you guys I really appreciate your work!!!!

Thank you man!!!!

Everything downloaded and installed! wink

I have some problem with ddns now sad I think i'll write a post for it

Thx again!

hello i've downloaded bin file and try to upgrade WR842ND via ethernet, all appearently was smoothly and upgrade was well done, a sign told that upgrade was done and router was restarting. But now i cannot access anymore to CP at 192.168.1.1. No wireless SSID and also reset button don't work anymore. It seems, via eth, pc connect with ip 192.168.1.246 but i cannot have access to 192.168.1.1 anymore...any suggest? thanks

The discussion might have continued from here.