OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Disable LED's (disable blinking) TL-MR3020

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello everybody I have an TL-MR3020, and I'am tryining to disable, that all LED's blink!
It this possible ? if yes could somebody please give me some helpfull Information how I could go on ?

Greetz
Patrick

On the WNDR3700v2, I've got these lines in /etc/rc.local :

# turn the LEDs except for the Power LED off                                                             
for i in /sys/class/leds/* ; do echo 0 > "$i"/brightness ; done

hvkls wrote:

Why don't you edit your /etc/config/system 's led profiles or use UCI to control your LEDs i/o sending 0 to LED every time your router startup.

It amount to the same thing, but putting it in the config files is the properâ„¢ way

I agree to any clean solution, of course. Just I couldn't make sense of /etc/config/system:

config 'led' 'led_wan'                                
        option 'name' 'WAN LED (green)'       
        option 'sysfs' 'wndr3700:green:wan'   
        option 'default' '0'                                                               
config 'led' 'wan_led'                     
        option 'sysfs' 'wndr3700:green:wan'
        option 'name' 'WAN LED (green)'    
        option 'default' '0'                                                         
config 'led' 'usb_led'                     
        option 'sysfs' 'wndr3700:green:usb'
        option 'name' 'USB LED (green)'    
        option 'default' '0'               
config 'led' 'led_usb'                        
        option 'name' 'USB'                   
        option 'sysfs' 'wndr3700:green:usb'   
        option 'trigger' 'usbdev'             
        option 'dev' '1-1'                 
        option 'interval' '50'

'led_wan' vs 'wan_led' and 'usb_led' vs 'led_usb', oh my... Plus, I wanted to turn the LAN LEDs off as well, they were blinking but not configured in that file (or are they)... hence the B52 approach. Efficient, nasty.

hvkls wrote:

I agree to any clean solution, of course. Just I couldn't make sense of /etc/config/system:

'led_wan' vs 'wan_led' and 'usb_led' vs 'led_usb', oh my... Plus, I wanted to turn the LAN LEDs off as well, they were blinking but not configured in that file (or are they)... hence the B52 approach. Efficient, nasty.

Obviously your mind isn't so clear to understand it.

'led_wan' 'wan led', is just a name, can be anything.
What you need to care is the "sysfs", it is the actual component.

Maybe you need the webui rather due with the type file.

Of coz there are dozen of ways to do one thing.
But getting understanding, do it in the proper way would be better then doing in grade 1 way.

I like that sentence about the 'clearness of my mind' and will possibly frame it.

Thanks for the pointer. I wouldn't have minded had you added "option 'dev'" to it, or would I on the contrary.

hvkls wrote:

Thanks for this trick, it finally got my TP-Link WDR3600 leds turn off.  I tried the 'proper' like some overlord suggest, but it didn't work, nor did manually typing in the commands, looks like a timing issue that requires your B52 approach.

(Last edited by timo on 13 Feb 2016, 20:55)

The discussion might have continued from here.