OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Problem with JFFS2 Partition

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I have a serious problem with the jffs2 Partition (/overlay) - I hve experienced the same when using a jffs2-only Image.

The router is running a (very) small (internal) Website with lighttpd.

After power off and on again I have on boot this error:
JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "css" (ino #1298) of dir ino #17 appears to be a hard link

And when the router runs this one:
iget() failed for ino #1300
JFFS2 warning: (906) jffs2_get_inode_nodes: Eep. No valid nodes for ino #1300.
JFFS2 warning: (906) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: no data nodes found for ino #1300

This appered on two devices (Linksys WRT54GL 1.1 with 16 MB Flash - the JFFS2-only image is the 128k-Blocks Image - accoridng to the structure of the flash chip (128x128kb).

Update: before I have flashed my jffs2 Image I have done an erase of the Chip and a clean-test - everything was empty - I am sure.

Can anybody help me out and explain why this happens and how to fix this?

Thanks,
Sebastian

(Last edited by slemke on 11 Apr 2012, 12:32)

Hello,

a long time ago...:-)

I fixed this with moving the whole webserver to /tmp - so the webserver is working in the ram. When a configuration file changes it will be written to the flash with a sync(). I have also removed any subdirectories (I guess this makes not a difference).

Since these changes I experienced no more problems! Perhaps it helps anybody else.

Sebastian

The discussion might have continued from here.