OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [HELP] Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N not be supproted?

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 Feb 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I have a Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N and found the name in OpenWrt wiki's support list.

But when I want to download the .bin file from http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/

I couldn't found any .bin file contains the route model in the directory.

Can anyone help me to find the correct .bin file or tell me anything about it?

Thank you. I'm the newer for OpenWrt.

KenXing

Hi,

Not any answer for it ? So sad.. sad

kenxing

Support for this router is apparently in trunk (development). To try it you need to download the source and build it yourself. I have no idea how usable it is yet, but I do have one I'm using as a switch that I might test it out on.

Hi Guys,

I have put directions on how to put openwrt on this router along with a workable bin file for it.
Check out my google site: https://sites.google.com/site/dansengin … th-openwrt

It also has directions for  WZR-HP-G450H

(Last edited by syntex on 27 Mar 2012, 22:48)

Can confirm it works. Have been running it on this router for the past 6 wks or so by downloading the trunk build, installing using putty or winscp, and then adding luci. Just follow the tutorials and it should work. That's what I did and trust me, I'm no Linux genius. I can upload the file I used if that doesn't violate policy because I can see it isn't in the snapshot anymore. Honestly though, I think I just flashed it from dd-wrt web interface and didn't mess with tftp. Haven't had any issues or had to reset it since.

(Last edited by nchall on 31 Mar 2012, 09:07)

Thank to above all.

I will try to find a workable bin file.  I hope to run OpenWRT in my router.

nchall wrote:

Can confirm it works. Have been running it on this router for the past 6 wks or so by downloading the trunk build, installing using putty or winscp, and then adding luci. Just follow the tutorials and it should work. That's what I did and trust me, I'm no Linux genius. I can upload the file I used if that doesn't violate policy because I can see it isn't in the snapshot anymore. Honestly though, I think I just flashed it from dd-wrt web interface and didn't mess with tftp. Haven't had any issues or had to reset it since.

Can you send your .bin file to me? My email is ken_xing@msn.com.

Thanks.

The discussion might have continued from here.