OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Anyone seriously doing x86 / xorg, I am, looking for headless control

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am using NX server on an Openwrt x86_64 system with xorg, fluxbox wm, attempting headless appliance control using NX binaries installed via tarballs (server-3.5.0-9, client, node-3.5.0-7), with all proper configuration to allow shadowing without session owner permission.

What works: using NX client, can spawn xterm session controlling Openwrt on client machine

What fails: shadow sessions, attempting to share root xorg / fluxbox display

How fails: authenticates OK, available sessions window pops up on client, but no sessions to select

NX (server) determines sessions available by /bin/netstat -ln '--protocol=unix', result:

Active UNIX domain sockets (only servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags Type State I-Node Path
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 41637 @/tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 41638 /tmp/.X11-unix/X0

debug logfile:

NXNODE: checkLocalSession: Found socket for display [0] - [unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 41637 @/tmp/.X11-unix/X0]
NXNODE: checkLocalSession: Display already checked - skipping
NXNODE: checkLocalSession: NO SESSIONS

full debug log: http://www.rossco.org/NX_ShadowFail.txt

I have run out of clues regarding how to debug this, so am seeking to "get a clue"

given that this is a custom distribution, I have already used strace to identify missing OS commands and libraries.

Any gurus willing to help me debug this?

Thanks; Bill

nevermind. solved it.

neglecting what it took to get to this point, the particular problem was:

the busybox ps command does not support the format control required by NX server to identify sessions.

needed to replace with ps from procps

which led to new issues, all solved

The discussion might have continued from here.