OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Segmentation fault with WGET package

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am running ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT (bleeding edge, r30133) on a BT Home Hub and I know that it is just that - bleeding edge.

My problem is getting wget working. I wish to use https for ddns updates and also to fetch files from secure servers so can't just use the one in busybox.

I have used opkg to install wget and openssl-utils and followed the wiki to get a couple of CA certificates in so I can access the sites I want.

Everything runs fine until I reboot the router, at which point wget fails with a segmentation fault. To recover I have to opkg remove wget and then I can use the busybox one.

Any ideas how I work out what is happening - is it a hardware fault, configuration or a problem with the firmware (thanks to btsimonh for doing that bit)

Even without CA, you could use "--no-check-certificate". Of corse, this does not prevent from a "Man in the middle attack".

Check the files that wget and openssl-utils adds to see what is breaking your router. Install only openssl-utils and reboot to see if the problem is with it (it might be).

Check with ldd which libraries the problem program is using before and after the reboot. i.e.:

root@router:~# ldd /usr/bin/wget
        libcrypt.so.0 => /lib/libcrypt.so.0 (0x2aabe000)
        libm.so.0 => /lib/libm.so.0 (0x2aae2000)
        libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x2ab0b000)
        ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x2aaa8000)

Regards,

Took a while - had to buy some new hardware as I killed the one I was working on sad

Now have it working. It was not configured properly so was not copying the certificates into the right place.

Now working fine smile

The discussion might have continued from here.