OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: D-Link DIR-300 Rev.B1 Bricked

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

My router stopped functioning, the reset button isn't doing anything. So i wanted to try OpenWrt, but with no luck since it won't boot.
I connected a USB=>RS232 3.3V TTL to it's COM port[i used an old Nokia DKU-5 Cable]

The only output i get from the router is:

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Jan 13 2009 - 17:40:14) (Alpha) - SVN revision : 105

Model: WRGN23

Board: RT2880 DRAM:  32 MB
twe0 set to <NULL>toe0 set to <NULL>

Any ideas to unbrick it ?

P.S.: same Behaviour in PuTTY, and minicom under Linux.

I know it is old topic but similar problem here.

My DIR-600 Rev. B says only:

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Jan 13 2009 - 17:40:14) (Alpha) - SVN revision : 105                                                                      

Model: WRGN23                                                                                                                           

Board: RT2880 DRAM:  32 MB                                                                                                              
twe0 set to <NULL>                                                                                                                      
toe0 set to <NULL>                                                                                                                      
============================================                                                                                            
Ralink UBoot Version: 3.1 Alpha                                                                                                         
-------------------------------------------- 
ASIC 3052_MP2 (MAC to GigaMAC Mode)
DRAM COMPONENT: 256Mbits 
DRAM BUS: 16BIT 
Total memory: 32Mbytes
Date:Jan 13 2009  Time:17:40:14
============================================ 
icache: sets:128, ways:4, linesz:32 ,total:16384
dcache: sets:128, ways:4, linesz:32 ,total:16384

At the same time POWER LED blinks orange few times and than lights green.

RESET button does nothing ... or nothing is visible.

Is it possible to say anything about its damage based on the log?

The discussion might have continued from here.