OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WR 1043nd Bricked - ALL LED Flashing continuously

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi! I have an tp-link wr1043nd with OpenWRT. I wanted to go back to tp-link stock firmware with MTD command "mtd -r write /tmp/original_firmware.bin firmware" and I think I bricked it. I cannot connect to it in any way (no telnet, no ssh, no web, no wi-fi, no ethernet). The only thing that router does is: blinking constantly. The LEDS stay on for 2 seconds, then they go off for 5-6 seconds. They all do that, simultaneously. I don't know what I can do now, how can I connect to it in such a manner that will work again. Can somebody help me with my problem?

Thanks.

I had TP-LINK WR1043ND setup just the way I like it, and it was performing just great.

Then two days ago I got a brilliant idea, why not move my iphone charger to other my work room and I'll charge iphone when in living room from WR1043ND USB port. Cool idea, right? Well it worked for two days.

Now my WR1043ND is bricked with all LED lights flashing continuously, my guess is that somehow iphone charging was cause of this, and I can blame only myself.

I'll try to fix it and report back how I'm doing. I'll first try just to reflash it via serial cable, if that doesn't help I'm open to suggestions.

hi, I fixed it with a usb-serial cable. thanks

Mine was also fixed with serial cable, firmware just broke, hardware was just fine (knock on wood) wink

mottanu wrote:

hi, I fixed it with a usb-serial cable. thanks

I have the same blinking problem....
Can you explain what method you used to fix it using the usb-serial cable?

Hey guys

First of all, sorry for my english, it is not my main language! big_smile

Today I decided to flash back the original firmware on my router (1043nd) because I had several problems with the internet. Now, my router is bricked und all LEDs (except the first one) are blinking! sad

@mottanu/valentt

You two solved this problem. Could you please tell me which cable I exactly need und which steps has to be perfomed, so that I can unbrick the router!

On other pages in the internet stays, that I have to open up the case und to solder some pins.... Is this really neccessary?

Thanks for the answers!

Have a nice day!

I have same problem of blinking LEDs,

Pls help me

Hi mottanu,

I have the v2 version of the TL-WR1043ND router and I cannot see the pins in these pictures (http://galeria.tech-blog.pl/TP-Link_TL-WR1043ND_v2/), as they should appear in this photo : http://wiki.openwrt.org/_media/inbox/wr1043ndserial.jpg

Therefore I assume that you also have the v2 version.
Could you please describe where exactly have you soldered the pins necessary for connecting the USB to TTL cable?

I managed to brick my v2 router two days ago just by following the instructions in the wiki while trying to revert to original fw (used the v1 stripped firmware as it was specifically mentioned there). Now the leds are flashing in a specific sequence during a 5-second duration cycle which repeats itself endlessly. I have no link on the switch nor on the WAN connector and also no WiFi. Therefore I cannot connect to it using the external interfaces.

The reason for reverting to original fw was that the Barrier Breaker (bleeding edge) firmware was causing packet drops (between 1% and 5%) on the WiFi connection, no matter the router conditions (heavy load, idle etc). The issue started to appear in approx. 3-4 minutes after a router reboot.

Thanks,
Cristian

(Last edited by tlc on 7 Apr 2014, 05:26)

Finally I got mine replaced under warranty. I also received the USB2TTL device ordered from ebay. So now I'm ready to brick the replaced unit smile
Next time I will use the V2 stripped firmware version to revert to original.

The discussion might have continued from here.