OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WBMR-HP-G300H ... willing to help

The content of this topic has been archived between 2 Oct 2014 and 16 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

@dealdo

look sometimes in manual which right dsl parameter for yours provider are. you have annex (a or b)?
default is annex b with menuconfig you can try annex a if you need this. Or after flash with opkg...

essele wrote:

3. Update the feeds: ./scripts/feeds update

darkwin wrote:

Hi, you must activate it in menuconfig or you install this with opkg on your console.

You need to run: ./scripts/feeds update -a
to get luci in menuconfig (thx to danitool on irc)

Yes show posting no. 8 there is a short tut.

rhlee wrote:

Yep, my buffalo came this morning. I got stuck at the same point as you: no adsl. However I've only tried out dd-wrt.

Daeldo wrote:

Now trying to figure out how to get RFC 1483 Routed on OpenWRT...

Daeldo wrote:

I didn't get ADSL up

I take it this means your provider is using EthoA? PPPoEoA or whatever that standard is called?
If so I think I have the same problem too.

I've seen in other threads that you can use br2684ctl to set it up via the shell, but not the web interface.

Daeldo wrote:

If anyone got any suggestion about the serial cable and getting my modem unbricked, I'd appriciate.

Can't you just get one of those USB -> TTL converters?

Ive gotten a usb-serial-adapter, which works and serial-ttl adapter, but haven't got the connection running yet.

My ISP uses rfc1483, but I think I could use RFC 2684 also.

darkwin wrote:

@dealdo

look sometimes in manual which right dsl parameter for yours provider are. you have annex (a or b)?
default is annex b with menuconfig you can try annex a if you need this. Or after flash with opkg...

I think my ISP uses annex a. The current problem is that I haven't gotten the serial connection to work with my modem, ATM there is no working OpenWrt there sad

--
Daeldo

(Last edited by Daeldo on 6 Apr 2012, 14:02)

Daeldo wrote:

Now trying to figure out how to get RFC 1483 Routed on OpenWRT...

It turns out RFC 1483 is dhcp / static with ATM bridging.

Daeldo wrote:

I think my ISP uses annex a.

Even if you compile openwrt with the annex a firmware, it still gives sets firmware as 'b' in network config.

All is working now.

It's beginning to seem like my serail setup is flawed, maybe another TTL thingie would be good...

EDIT:
When connecting with putty trough serial, is the modem suppose to "say" something or is only "not timeouting" a good sign?
--
Daeldo

(Last edited by Daeldo on 8 Apr 2012, 17:28)

Anyone know what RAM does this Router use?

Bump.
Can anyone who has this Router tells me the DDR RAM IC Spec number please?

(Last edited by alphasparc on 24 Apr 2012, 17:49)

Guys,

After flashing DD-WRT on this router, and then flashing OpenWRT with the following command:

mtd -r write openwrt-lantiq-ar9-WBMR-squashfs.image linux

I decided to go back to DD-WRT. I was able to do it by picking the .bin DD-WRT file, stripping the first 28-bytes of the file, and then flashing the resulting file ( firmware.bin ) via the OpenWRT web interface.

To remove the first 28 bytes of the file I used the following command:

dd bs=28 skip=1 if=wbmr_g300nh-webflash-firmware.bin of=firmware.bin

This was taken from:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=116706

hope this helps!

Thank you finas!

Great post! smile

Update to my situation.

Got the modem to "lit up" with my new usb-ttl converter.

Now the next step would be to get connection between my computer and the modem up, but my computer doesn't recognize the usb as "serial COM". Also, tried SPIPGM.ZIP but was unable to run this, because this requires 32bit system to run (and i have no current installations of those, only 64 bit).

Could someone help me with this, so i basically need to get some image to the modem, i have a working image of openwrt, but I'm pretty confused, how to get it in the modem and does the bootloader need something work?

--
Daeldo

hello everyone,
how is it going with flashing openwrt in the device?
any problems/hints?

I just received mine, I have installed ddwrt, enabled ssh.
now its time for openwrt.

And a Very important question, has anyone enable vlans?
it is vital for me.

I read in ddwrt wiki - vlan support ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VLAN_Support )
that, generally speaking,

"1.   Only Broadcom based devices support port-based VLAN's, no Atheros or Ralink devices. Non-Broadcom platforms support 802.1q VLAN tagging via the Networking page options (Linux's vconfig utility is used internally for this) but it often does not work correctly and it is for tagging entire interfaces (the LAN ports are all one interface on these platforms). "

well i'm not entirely certain what they mean (about the rest of the chips), but I hope they are wrong in this case. so has anyone enabled and used successfully the vlans?

thank you for your help
nass

hi, i have try to activate the vlan support but at this moment the switch is unusable.
without switch config the switch is usable but is isn´t possible to make traffic between the lan ports.

show here -> https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=36219

Anyone have any clue where I could buy one of these to ship to the US?

I have a big problem. My router WBMR-HP-G300H I did revert to firmware from WZR-HP-G300NH.
Now my router is not accessible and I dont know how to fix it.
what i should be do now?
how to set back oryginal firmware?
original firmware is here: http://www.buffalo-asia.com/cgi-bin/support/download.cgi?country=sg&to=wbmr_hp_g300h
I am a newbie with this, so if You can please tell me step by step
need help

Has someone with WBMR-HP-G300H and OpenWRT tried to go back to that 1.78 firmware? If not, would someone be kind enough to try it?

Would like to know my restore options before trying OpenWRT.

Is someone using PPPoA on this Modem? I'm living in Austria and my VPI/VCI 8.48;

Latest DD-WRT can establish a DSL-Connection, but with OPENWRT the dsl-line seems down.
I compiled the latest trunk with annex a. In /etc/config/network it says annex a.

Can someone help me debug this problem?

Edit:
Found my Problem:

config adsl-device 'adsl'
    option fwannex 'a'
    option annex 'a2p'

annex a2p was the problem, my dsl line is dmt, so option annex 'admt' and my dsl line is up.

Ddwrt uses automodulation Option annex a as default

(Last edited by rossini on 27 Aug 2012, 21:28)

can anyone comment on the current status of OpenWRT support for this router?

In particular, does it work for both ADSL and wifi?

Can OpenWRT be installed without opening the box?

I am looking to buy this device, and it seems the only version I have easily available to me is: WBMR-HP-G300H-AP (Note extra -AP).

Does anyone know if this is the same device? or if the build will work on this? I am assuming yes, but would like confirmation if possible before purchasing.

Also as a note of curiosity, I couldn't find information. Why is there support for ADSL on this device and no others? I would have thought that working on ADSL support would have been quite popular. It got me by surprise that this device seems to be the only one with support on OpenWRT and DD-WRT.

bcosta wrote:

I am looking to buy this device, and it seems the only version I have easily available to me is: WBMR-HP-G300H-AP (Note extra -AP).

Does anyone know if this is the same device? or if the build will work on this?

Hi!
AP stands for Asia/Pacific. I bought WBMR-HP-G300H-RU. It had Russian GUI and this is the same device. Unfortunatelly I coudn't flash dd-wrt firmware on it. I suspect that new devices check the firmware before flashing.

Thanks for the info. I now think I may be best asking on the DD-WRT forums now. I might try there and see if they have any thoughts as to why the new modems don't work and if there is anything I can do to flash one.

Does anyone know how to debrick this router?

He Guys! Good News.

I debricked my router without JTAG or Serial or something.

My Symtoms: After power on the router, Power led was orange for about 5 seconds. Then nothing. No Pings no wlan, nothing.
After a wireshark session and a little trial&error i found following solution:

In the boot loader is a tftp client which requests a firmware.ram.

Following steps:

1. Build openwrt with ram image option (make menuconfig --> Target Images --> ramdisk). For everything else I just followed the guide on post #8.
2. Set your local interface on ip 192.168.11.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 router 192.168.11.1
3. setup a tftp-server. I used TftpServer Version 3.4.1 under osx mountain lion.
4. rename the openwork-lantig-ar9-WBMR-uImage to firmware.ram
5. start the tftp-server
6. connect your pc to one lan port on the router.
7. Power on the router + PRESS AND HOLD THE AOSS Button. If you dont push the button, there will be no tftp request.
8. Now the Powerled should light up red + the AOSS led should light up.
9. After a little while (tftp transfer to the router), change your local lan interface to automatic and you should get a ip-address from the dhcp server.
10. Do a normal sysupgrade with a good image (e.g. AA 12).
11. Wait and prey.

If you have running wireshark in the background, you will see if the tftp-transfer of the ram-image is successful.

Please confirm if it is working. And maybe we should then write in the wiki about the uboot-tftp-client.

have a nice debricking.

(Last edited by rossini on 20 Sep 2012, 14:19)

rossini wrote:

1. Build openwrt with ram image option. I just followed the guide.
2. Set your local interface on ip 192.168.11.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 router 192.168.11.1
3. setup a tftp-server. I used TftpServer Version 3.4.1 under osx mountain lion.
4. rename the openwork-lantig-ar9-WBMR-uImage to firmware.ram
5. start the tftp-server
6. connect your pc to one lan port on the router.
7. Power on the router + PUSH THE AOSS Button. If you dont push the button, there will be no tftp request.
8. Now the Powerled should light up red + the AOSS led should light up.
9. After a little while, change your local lan interface to automatic and you should get a ip-address from the dhcp server.
10. Do a normal sysupgrade with a good image.
11. Wait and prey.

I was at step 8. I saw in wireshark that a lot of data was transmitted but after that I never get an ip address via dhcp neither did the router respond to ping 192.168.1.1. I took the uImage, which was generated together with my squashfs image. The image worked fine, until I installed 6in4 and rebooted. I will now try the uImage which comes with the openwrt 12.09 beta.

Some comments to step 7: It is not enough to wait until the AOSS/security led lights up. You have to press the button longer to trigger the tftp client. My first tries did not work because of this.