OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: How do I install Smokeping?

The content of this topic has been archived on 13 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I need to monitor the stability of my network, and the best tool I know for this task is Smokeping, which I've used on a Debian box before: http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/

But sadly I can't find it in the OpenWrt repository. Does anyone have a built package for it somewhere else, or is it possible for me to build and install it manually? If so, how would I go about doing this?

PS: I'm a noob, so please go easy on me. Thanks smile

Without own knowledge you have to wait untill somebody else will port this tool for OpenWrt.

Either ask somebody you know to do this soonishly or learn how to do it yourself.

Orca wrote:

Without own knowledge you have to wait untill somebody else will port this tool for OpenWrt.

Either ask somebody you know to do this soonishly or learn how to do it yourself.

Thanks for the answer.

The info on the wiki for building packages is really daunting, so I think I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope someone experienced finds Smokeping useful enough to make a package for it smile

The discussion might have continued from here.