OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WLAN Internet drops after upgrade to Final 10.03.1. TP-Link WR1043ND.

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,

I've run Backfire (10.03.1) on my TP-Link WR1043ND since RC3, which, together with RC5, worked great. I'm sharing a 3G modem as internet connection and it worked well and everything else.

Now, when I upgraded to the final release internet is really unstable when connected via WLAN. LAN works fine for the same laptop, my PS3 and so on. But WLAN on my laptop, or my Android phone, doesnt work that great. It kind of drops, but not the whole WLAN but the connections.

Well, actually, the connection to the router at the same time of the drops is really slow also.
After reboot it workes fine for a little while, then the internet seem to die, but it still works for LAN. After a while again, the internet is back, then dies. And so on, so on.

Is this a known issue, is there a fix?

What should I provide to help?

(Last edited by danielholm on 6 Jan 2012, 17:00)

I've tried removing encryption (tested Mixed WPA/WPA2, WPA with TKIP, WPA With AES, too) but it wont work.

And now I reflahes the whole thing. From OpenWRT to factory and back. Still not working.

Using Bredbandskollen.se (Swedish site to test your bandwith) I get 3,9MBit down with LAN and 0,14Mbit over WLAN. They used to be pretty much the same.

Up is preyy much the same though..? ~ 2Mbit

(Last edited by danielholm on 7 Jan 2012, 04:03)

Changing from N and G to G only, solved the issues. But I like to have N-supported.

Is it correct that ath9k is the only module with N-support? Why then is mac80211 set as type in my wireless conf, and when I change it to ath9k the WLAN wont come up ans log says that there is no supported device connected?

Because the type does not specify which module to use but which api. All current opensource wireless drivers share the mac80211 stack so that is the type.

Ok, so ath9k should then be in use already?

seems to be the same issue as https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=33715. We suffer the same on WNDR3700 since final. Personally I have the issue also with an Android phone. After a lot of troubleshooting I ended up reverting to RC5, which does the job perfectly fine for me.

The discussion might have continued from here.