OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-LINK TL-MR3420 cant get access to router

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

hi i have this router and i try and put openwrt firmware.....after i do that i cant get in to router .my ip i get is 192.168.1.1 i put in my webrowse but nothing happen.what to do ?please help me....

loknar wrote:

hi, TL-MR3420 firmware basically doesn't include web-config, so you need to ssh your router via 192.168.1.1.
After login you should manually connect to internet via "/etc/config/network"...
To install web-luci:

opkg update
opkg install luci
/etc/init.d/uhttpd start

then you can webrowse 192.168.1.1

right..

and if you install online, you should konek modem from WAN Ethernet, couse driver modem not include yet

or you can use image packing completed here here

(Last edited by mang on 3 Nov 2011, 13:41)

i have 3420 with modem,,does VLAN works on this router??i want use wan port as second switch,,and separate lan port/Wlan to other subnet..

i get into the web brower with this commands.i make tp link to work like client and now i cant get into the router neither with web browser oe putty.what can i do?  also when i ping it in pc with cmd  my 192.168.1.3 (i have change to 3) i dont get result

(Last edited by stergiost3 on 8 Nov 2011, 02:07)

i give this

Code:
opkg update
opkg install luci
/etc/init.d/uhttpd start

then with web browser i get into settings of router.in menu of openwrt there is a mode in wifi that you can choice if want the routetr to be access point,client and etc. I choose client mode and i reboot it.after that i cant get into router i use web browser and putty again but nothing.When i try putty i get message {network error:connection timed out}

my ip is 192.168.1.3 .i try to do reset but not luck at all .not happen anything.

failsafe your router..reboot your router and push QSS button repeatedly for 60 seconds..

jefbuan wrote:

failsafe your router..reboot your router and push QSS button repeatedly for 60 seconds..

failsafe ?how?

jefbuan wrote:

i do that you say and after that i try to get with putty but i get the message Network error:Connection timed out  . what to do ?

stergiost3 wrote:
jefbuan wrote:

i do that you say and after that i try to get with putty but i get the message Network error:Connection timed out  . what to do ?

power on the router, until LED SYS on for the first, you have to push QSS button. and it will blinking LED SYS very fast. IP router will back to 192.168.1.1
use "putty login telnet"
good luck

(Last edited by mang on 9 Nov 2011, 07:28)

mang wrote:
stergiost3 wrote:
jefbuan wrote:

power on the router, until LED SYS on for the first, you have to push QSS button. and it will blinking LED SYS very fast. IP router will back to 192.168.1.1
use "putty login telnet"
good luck

hello i do that you say but when i try to open telnet open one second and dissappear?why?what else can i do?

at last i get by telnet and try to set new password but i coundnt.i have this message:
root$openwrt:  /# passwd
Changing password for root
New password:
Retype password:

after this i get
passwd: /etc/passwd: Read-only file system
passwd: cant update password file /etc/passwd

what to do?anyone to help

(Last edited by stergiost3 on 12 Nov 2011, 07:42)

stergiost3 wrote:

at last i get by telnet and try to set new password but i coundnt.i have this message:
root$openwrt:  /# passwd
Changing password for root
New password:
Retype password:

after this i get
passwd: /etc/passwd: Read-only file system
passwd: cant update password file /etc/passwd

what to do?anyone to help

any help please

mount_root

thanks to all at last i communicate with router.if i find a network and i put in client mode will work or have problems again?anyone have try that?to work in client mode and connect to wifi network?

stergiost3 wrote:

thanks to all at last i communicate with router.if i find a network and i put in client mode will work or have problems again?anyone have try that?to work in client mode and connect to wifi network?

any have work it??????? and if anyone now how to put original firmware?

(Last edited by stergiost3 on 14 Nov 2011, 23:18)

stergiost3 wrote:
stergiost3 wrote:

like this it's back to ori http://mangkaning.0fees.net/image/flash … TPLINK.jpg

mang wrote:
stergiost3 wrote:
stergiost3 wrote:

thanks any suggestion about how wort openwrt like client?

stergiost3 wrote:
mang wrote:
stergiost3 wrote:

thanks any suggestion about how wort openwrt like client?

as "Wifi Client" or as "Wan port client" ??

use ssh to access the router and with winscp get the new firmware on it...
use rc6 sys upgrade upload it to /tmp/ with winscp.
with commandline let it reflash...
i dunno the commands but it worked for me

The discussion might have continued from here.