OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Motorola AP-7131?

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I'm by no means an expert on OpenWrt.
But I have a spare Motorola AP-7131 device that I can use for experiments.
It's a very powerful, multi-radio device, 8MB Flash, 512MB NAND, it is based on a Cavium Octeon SoC.
It's own OS is Linux-based.
I have images of the boot loader, SBL (u-boot), kernel and JFFS.

How much effort would it be to make OpenWrt work for it, or is it even possible? I think Octeon SoC is already supported. What other components are needed for a proper operation?

Thanks,

(Last edited by rustamabd on 27 Sep 2011, 12:52)

if it is linux based, you should get the sdk and analyse it. furthermore you should hook up the device on serial port (read the wiki before) and see if you can receive the bootlog.
There are some useful information in the wiki (also the one from dev.openwrt) on getting new platforms supported.

MBS wrote:

if it is linux based, you should get the sdk and analyse it. furthermore you should hook up the device on serial port (read the wiki before) and see if you can receive the bootlog.
There are some useful information in the wiki (also the one from dev.openwrt) on getting new platforms supported.

Yes already have serial. The bootlog is unimpressive. Almost everything is stripped down.

Any pointers to the sdk? I can't image Motorola would offer one? smile

if they use gpl software, they are required to offer the sdk. it is explained in the wiki. so see if motorola offers it in its download-sections, and in case it is not there, you can contact their support and request it.

The discussion might have continued from here.