OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: PicoStation M2 HP - Help HowTo

The content of this topic has been archived on 24 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi All;

I have purchased a picostation M2, and i wanted to install openwrt on it.

I have search all posts and tried many Firmware but no luck.

Have you been able to flash your Picostation M2 with openwrt, if so can you help me pls?

Many Thanks

Lucio

I also have several of these Ubiquiti PicoStation M2 HP units and would like to run OpenWrt.  Any idea what changes need to be made to e.g. the NanoStation M firmware to make it run correctly on PicoStation M?

Hi RBV;

I have used the openwrt for the bullet M, they share the same chip - atheros.

I dont have the FW verion on mw now but it was the squash fs.

will dig later tonight and post you a note tomorrow.

I worked 100%

Tchears

Luciou

Just picked up a m2Hp as well....it's seems to be working well...so i should try and mess it up i figure hahahha  luciogodoy can you post which fw you used...also what advanatge would i see in using the openwrt over the stock

I Am using the:

openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-factory.bin

Without any issues.

I have tried the:

openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-jffs2-factory

Ans also worked.

Regards

luciogdoy

@ luciogodoy: Is it possible to post the link of the file that you are using here?

Thank, i'll check that out

Hi,

I've got a couple Pico M2 HP coming in, I'd like to run OpenWRT on them.  Any update from those have tried on how well they are working?

Specifically interested in using WPA2 with AP WDS.

Thanks..

Did anyone tried to use two net on wifi (i.e. WWAN and local WiFi) running OpenWrt on PicoStation?

And it's possible to set TX power to 28 dB? now on my OpenWrt 12.09 on Tplink i can reach (in teory) only 27 dB, instead of 28 dB throught AirOs firmware..

Thankyou Nebbia (ita?) but i know the iusse about what OpenWrt display (27 dB) and what the device really can do (that's always different). But Ubiquiti PicoStation has really an hardware that support 28 dBm of TX power with an antenna  gain of 2 dB (Europe) or 5 dB (US). Sorry but i don't understand if OpenWrt have the full control of the device as the originale AirOs firmware...

from that entire topic, answer seems to be NO.

(yes, ita wink)

The discussion might have continued from here.