OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TPLINK 741ND version 1.9 bricked

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi everybody, sorry for posting this here.

But i flashed my tplink with last version, with all features.

Everything goes ok, until i changing some stuffs on webadmins, i do my alterations, and clicked save and apply, after this, my router reboot, and not work anymore.

When i put the power cord, the POWER LINK goes on, and the sys led start blinking, but after some seconds, the sys led stay ON and not blink anymore, and i cant acess the router, no dhcp server, no access to the router, i tryed the 30, 30, 30 reset, but no success, and i tryed the telnet stuff pressing the qss buton when starting, works, but no ping response on 192.168.1.1

No way to recovery my tp link ?

Thanks for all!!!!

Try disconnect WAN and power down all other networks with 192.168 you might have accept the one connected to router

(Last edited by 1q2w3e4r5t on 19 Aug 2011, 06:44)

1q2w3e4r5t wrote:

Try disconnect WAN and power down all other networks with 192.168 you might have accept the one connected to router

Hi my friend, ive tryed all before, without any cable connect on router, beyond the only one LAN cable connected on LAN PORT 1 and on my PC with windows XP

i fixed ip on my pc lan 192.168.1.2 and sub network 255.255.255.0

But, no working

Any other tip?
Thank you

hook up to the serial port. see port.serial in the wiki and the wr741 wiki page as well.

Hi guys, sorry for buggin, but i buyed the CA42 nokia cable, im waiting to get delivered.

im confuse, i just need to cutt off the cellphone jack, and put the correct pins into the router board?

i have chance to get my router back again, without jtag? using only the serial console i can get my router back?

thank you!

Hi Pokot, i got my CA42 cable, i just need to solder this 3 pins, GND, RX and TX to get working?

After this, what commands i need to put on hyperterminal to get my router working again ? i want to put the original tp link firmware on that,

can you help me?

thanks a lot!!!

Have you tried failsafe mode? Since openwrt was working before you did that setting change, there's a change it might work.

wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr741nd?s[]=backfire&s[]=failsafe#failsafe.mode

(Last edited by playdude on 21 Sep 2011, 02:57)

The discussion might have continued from here.