OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: webcam support

The content of this topic has been archived on 16 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Maybe an old topic but I can't find a clear answer on this and other forms:

I have an WRT160NL (with USB port) which I plan to use with a usb webcam, goal is to put the webcam in a birdhouse.

Which version (openwt / ddwrt / etc) can be used to achive this ? I found many articles about it but cannot find the right one.
I have several types of USB webcams  I can try, this should not be the problem, main problem for me is to find a good starting point to build it all. I don't need all the extras but only access to my webcam, preferrable streaming but if not, static pages are ok.

Any hints/tips appreciated !

-ben

Thanks, this is what I was looking for !

-ben

wiki is open 24/7 :-)

Cause it is the wrong directory. Reading the wiki says where to get 10.03 and which file: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt … eady.build
It's up to you to read even a bit further and figure out if you better get RC5 or trunk. It's all in the wiki.

Finally I was able to get everything running, I'm connected through a static eth0 lan connection.
However my goal is to use it as a 'client' connecting to my AP, I don't need to use the LAN connection for other devices.

What do I need to change to have the wrt160nl connecting to my AP ?
Preferable using the web gui, ts there a step by step example ?

-ben

The discussion might have continued from here.