OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: support for tplink tl-wr700n

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I am new to the forum and to OpenWrt.
I have just bought a TP-LINK TL-WR700N, which is a great device, but firmware is in Chinese.
Do any one here have it, too?
Is there any plan to port OpenWrt to support it?

Thanks,
Zachi.

TP-LINK TL-WR700N should be similar to TP-LINK TL-WR740N V5.X

Atheros AR9331-AL1A
Winbond W9412G6JH-5 (128Mbits)
Spansion FL016K1F (16Mbits)

I don't think the developers will be interested in porting OpenWrt to any 2MB-flash router.

loyukfai wrote:

Yeah, maybe only DD-WRT then...

Nope. 4MB flash is a must for Atheros platform.

Ooops... So WTR54GS is still THE portable router to get if someone wants *Wrt then...?

Cheers.

The 330N3G looks interesting. It doesn't have a built-in PSU but the external adapter looks like just a USB charger with a microUSB plug...? In that case, I assume one can power it with those little iDoh chargers and that would be a nice little package...?

It has enough RAM and flash to run *Wrt?

Cheers.

(Last edited by loyukfai on 27 Jun 2011, 04:43)

I believe that the minimum requirements for the Ralink-based routers are 16MB RAM and 4MB flash.

FWIW, TP-Link has started listing the 700N on non-Chinese websites, we may get an English firmware soon.

It also put up 2 more similar models on the Chinese site, 702N and 703N, both of which are USB-powered. The latter supports mobile USB dongle, and possibly has a larger flash for firmware...?

Cheers.

loyukfai wrote:

FWIW, TP-Link has started listing the 700N on non-Chinese websites, we may get an English firmware soon.

It also put up 2 more similar models on the Chinese site, 702N and 703N, both of which are USB-powered. The latter supports mobile USB dongle, and possibly has a larger flash for firmware...?

Cheers.

The WR703N has been covered in another thread on here, and is now fully supported in trunk!

The WR702N is 16MB RAM / 2MB flash, so will not be supported.

Thanks,

Sam

hi, dear member

i am in trouble...i came across a website that able to convert "CHINESE LANGUAGE" to "ENGLISH LANGUAGE" and i did it ..but it doesn't work now..for my TP-LINK TL-WR703N ..Now i want to back to "FACTORY DEFAULT" ...May i know how to ???

Pls advise me further....Member,,,,,

Pls helped me....

thank you very much

Can you post the link to the website you mentioned...?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
I know this topic is 5 years old but I have a question on the 700N - hopefully someone is still reading.
I did the flash and eprom upgrade on a 703N from this post:
h t t p s://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=295870#p295870

So I took what I did there and first upgraded the RAM on a 700N to 512Mbit (64Meg), and the unit still booted and ran.  Knowing the processor is a Atheros AR9331, I used the same .bin file (as described in that post), I created for the 703N, programmed a blank flash and soldered it in.  The unit boots, but its not stable. Clicking on any of the menu tabs causes (90% of the time) the unit to reboot.
Since the 703N project had me use: openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin
I looked for a 700N version and there is none because the stock device wont support openwrt - I get it).
I don't know enough about the firmware to know the differences device to device.
So,,, is there a generic-tl-wr70xn-v1-squashfs-factory.bin  or a bin from another device that could be used on the 700N if one where to upgrade the RAM and flash as I did - and follow the recreation steps of the 703N post ?

overstate99 wrote:

Hi guys,
I know this topic is 5 years old but I have a question on the 700N - hopefully someone is still reading.
I did the flash and eprom upgrade on a 703N from this post:
h t t p s://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=295870#p295870

So I took what I did there and first upgraded the RAM on a 700N to 512Mbit (64Meg), and the unit still booted and ran.  Knowing the processor is a Atheros AR9331, I used the same .bin file (as described in that post), I created for the 703N.........

I still have not yet received mine from dell... But I like ur approach...

The discussion might have continued from here.