OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Huawei B970B Jtag

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

As above, I'm trying at the moment to see if I can dump the firmware/CFE/everything else out, so in case I mess something up while playing with it I can restore stuff back.

A little bit of info, this thing is a router + 3G thing. The hardware is built on 2 seperate boards, the lower carrying the 3G/Radio stuff, and the upper carrying the router, which has a BCM5354 CPU.

I've located what looks like the Jtag connector on the topside of the board, however it doesn't look like it conforms to anything I've seen so far. I've done a little bit of probing and made some educated guesse as to what each pin does, however hooking it up and trying tjtag on it doesn't work.

What looks like the Jtag points are in a 2x5 header. Here's what I think I've figured out.
Pin 1 (top left) one of the RST pins (it's currently pulled down by a resistor just beside it).
Pin 2 (top right) GND
Pin 3 TDO, I'm measuring a high impedance to both GND and Vcc.
Pin 4 Vref/Vcc, power comes in here through a small value (33ohm) resistor).
Pin 5 TDI,TCK or TMS.
Pin 6 NC
Pin 7 another RST pin, also pulled down, not sure which is the TRST though.
Pin 8 TDI, TCK or TMS.
Pin 9 TDI, TCK or TMS.
Pin 10 GND

I've tried all possible combinations of hooking up TDI, TCK and TMS, and alternately pulling up both RST pins, but until now still no joy. Perhaps some1 else might have a better idea as to what to try next. I do have telnet access if that's important.

I have more pictures of the otherside of the PCB if anyone needs it. I'm just wondering if I'm chasing up the wrong tree and the Jtag points are just gone or elsewhere. Perhaps someone with more insight can shine some light on this.

http://i54.tinypic.com/116o11i.jpg

any new good news? is there custom openwrt for this set ?

The discussion might have continued from here.